Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What are your hobbies?

gonna try growing the hanging tomatoes, and some humming bird flowerer's along with cooking herbs.

Oh I love hummingbirds. I had one make a nest on my clothesline - and I got daily photos and video of her rearing her babies. It was amazing. I put hummingbird feeders out every year. And fuschia plants - they love fuschias.

I just started a thread for gardening - I just unearthed my herb garden today.

Is their a site or do they make handbooks on how to do any of your beading? I love it!
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

hitting car shows with my 87 low-rider!
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    Oh I love hummingbirds. I had one make a nest on my clothesline - and I got daily photos and video of her rearing her babies. It was amazing. I put hummingbird feeders out every year. And fuschia plants - they love fuschias.

I just started a thread for gardening - I just unearthed my herb garden today.
    Every year I have family of this in my balcony:

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    My friend had a tiny deck. We grew beautiful herb gardens in trays on her railing. And a big tomato plant in a big pot. They turned out great.

If you are interested, do a search on "container gardening" in google, and you should turn up all sorts of ideas.
    I didn't have much of a green thumb (kept killing my houseplants), but started with easier plants and have had some successes. I did the container gardening last year -- I have a small deck and just did 4-5 tomato plants, a few peppers and several trays of kitchen herbs. I was pretty happy with the results and so this year I've already started some seedlings for this year's projects.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    gonna try growing the hanging tomatoes, and some humming bird flowerer's along with cooking herbs.
    Every year, I have flowers in my balcony, but last year, I tried to grow cucumbers and tomatoes. Part of the last year harvest:

Oh wow, look at those cucumbers go!

I'm thinking of trying some again - last time I tried it, some sort of boring wasp killed them. Grr.

Tomatoes were upside-down. It was cool, but kind of messy for the balcony.

Wow, you had quite a jungle.

How did those upside down things work out? I've always wondered.