Thread: Relocating to Arizona

Relocating to Arizona

Hi My husband and I are looking into relocating to Tucson Arizona. I was wondering if any one knew of some good safe areas with good schools. I also wanted to know where we could find handicapp apartments. We need a three bedroom. I have researched online but cant find anything.

Please Help!!!!

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Hi, I've been living in Tucson since 1976. It's a very accessible city and there are lots of options for accessible apartments. All apartment projects, by law, must have accessible units. The best schools are on the north and east sides of town. I'd be happy to talk to you if you want to give me a call. You can reach me at 520.777.0014.

Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    www.GoesAnywhere.com

Since you need 3 bedrooms, you may want to consider looking for a house to rent. With all the foreclosures and unsold units on the market, many are being rented out and prices are sometimes better than apartments. A large percentage of SW houses are 1 story ranches.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

We were thinking of an apartment becuase we were afraid that a house would be more expensive. What is the avarage rent for a house and apartment? Do landlords do credit checks?

Thanks for your help

Tucson

My daughter has rental properties and definately does credit checks. She aklso get the first and last month's rent in advance, plus a deposit for pets. No reason not to take those precautions with her property.

Where are you moving from and why have you decided Tucson is for you and your family?
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I'd be surprised if someone would rent out anything these days without at least doing a credit check.

I think it is a good idea to do credit checks. I was just curious. We decided to move to Arizona because one, I am looking at a graduate program at ASU, two with my husbands injury snow and cold weater is something we want to get away from. We currently live in New England, the weather has been taking a toll on my husbands body. Three I am from the southwest and want to be closer to family.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet25lips View Post
    I think it is a good idea to do credit checks. I was just curious. We decided to move to Arizona because one, I am looking at a graduate program at ASU, two with my husbands injury snow and cold weater is something we want to get away from. We currently live in New England, the weather has been taking a toll on my husbands body. Three I am from the southwest and want to be closer to family.
    ASU is a great University. I have a nephew who graduated from there. He loves the area and wants to get back asap if he can find a job there.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

ASU is in Tempe, U of A is in Tucson.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Yeah, you're searching in the wrong city. ASU is about a 1-1/2-hour drive NNW of Tucson.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere