Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IM Making a Movie-

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I can tell you that some individuals such as Alex Lindsay of Pixel Corps shoot at 1080p and then imports at 540p. You get about 90% of the resolution and it's half the size. 540p is easier to edit and the smaller file size will be less demanding on your computer resources.
    That's awesome PN. The new 7d and 5d shoot at 1920 by 1080p as well. I get lost when we start talking about importing the footage into an editing suite like Avid or Final Cut., which is funny because the editors make all the money

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by semajh7 View Post
    I really appreciate that badsign. I am going to need audio work done.Do you use protools to edit your audio. Also, I will be a casting at my college FullSail University within the next 6 weeks I would love for you to come and audition. Do you live far from Orlando? You are also welcomed to stop by the shoot when we start filming.
    Don't laugh but I use FL Studio. I got my start in making electronic music using it back when they still called it Fruity Loops. I'm no slouch though. Check out my Jackson 5 remix that I've posted on YouTube. Excuse the fact that I named it incorrectly haha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTzqVRshe8M

I almost attended FullSail when I was still up there in Longwood / Casselberry. Currently I'm in Palm Beach County so it's about a 2.5 - 3.5 hour drive for me. But, like I said, I do come up to visit often. I'll be up for Easter actually.

I've never auditioned before but that sounds fun. I'll see if I can't break away for that. Although my schedule and availability and your filming schedule may not line up very well, especially if you'll be filming aggressively.

None the less, I'd be happy to produce some music for you if nothing else.

If you'd like to talk via phone send me a PM. Or you can add me on AIM/YahooMessenger/MSN if you'd like. Of course, the forum here is perfectly fine too. Whatever works best for ya.

Alright, gotta get back to work but I'm excited about your positive reply. Any synopsis available? Or perhaps a sneak peek at the script?

ez

That's awesome PN. The new 7d and 5d shoot at 1920 by 1080p as well. I get lost when we start talking about importing the footage into an editing suite like Avid or Final Cut., which is funny because the editors make all the money
    I think I still have a book/DVD on editing in Final Cut. I was getting into film editing for a short time (I have ADD and an unending desire to learn/experience new things). I'll look around. If I have it, and you end up using Final Cut, I'll donate it to your efforts and send it via snail mail. No promises though. I offloaded a TON of books a few years back because my bookshelves were completely over flowing.. both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by badsign View Post
    Don't laugh but I use FL Studio. I got my start in making electronic music using it back when they still called it Fruity Loops. I'm no slouch though. Check out my Jackson 5 remix that I've posted on YouTube. Excuse the fact that I named it incorrectly haha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTzqVRshe8M

I almost attended FullSail when I was still up there in Longwood / Casselberry. Currently I'm in Palm Beach County so it's about a 2.5 - 3.5 hour drive for me. But, like I said, I do come up to visit often. I'll be up for Easter actually.

I've never auditioned before but that sounds fun. I'll see if I can't break away for that. Although my schedule and availability and your filming schedule may not line up very well, especially if you'll be filming aggressively.

None the less, I'd be happy to produce some music for you if nothing else.

If you'd like to talk via phone send me a PM. Or you can add me on AIM/YahooMessenger/MSN if you'd like. Of course, the forum here is perfectly fine too. Whatever works best for ya.

Alright, gotta get back to work but I'm excited about your positive reply. Any synopsis available? Or perhaps a sneak peek at the script?

ez
    i have many friends that still use fruity loops and they make good beats. I like that MJ remix too. Do have more beats i can listen to. i would love to be able to put one of your beats on the soundtrack.

Our film schedule would be pretty aggresive but most of the actors will only be needed for one day's worth of shooting.

Here is my number, give me a call later if you have some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by badsign View Post
    I think I still have a book/DVD on editing in Final Cut. I was getting into film editing for a short time (I have ADD and an unending desire to learn/experience new things). I'll look around. If I have it, and you end up using Final Cut, I'll donate it to your efforts and send it via snail mail. No promises though. I offloaded a TON of books a few years back because my bookshelves were completely over flowing.. both of them.
    I have final cut, its just been very hard trying to master it. I took a class in college for it and didnt do too well. lol.

Just saw this thread - well done..!!!
    I really cannot wait to see it

semajh7,
    I would be willing to help with any type of CNC work CAD work or welding for prop work , even custom plastics work as well. I am only a few hours south of you .. It would be neat to help out on this project..
    I have built all kinds of parts for chairs and mostly yacht work which I am in with a friend in this area and Ft Lauderdale area..
    Also just a thought , not sure what your movie is about but might be able to access a few different yachts to film on or around for you if that is anything you are doiing..
    Gary

Talking

i have many friends that still use fruity loops and they make good beats. I like that MJ remix too. Do have more beats i can listen to. i would love to be able to put one of your beats on the soundtrack.

Our film schedule would be pretty aggresive but most of the actors will only be needed for one day's worth of shooting.

Here is my number, give me a call later if you have some free time.
    Hey man glad you liked it. I have more random stuff on www.soundclick.com/badsign
    I can make new stuff to fit the mood as well.

Any idea of when filming might begin? Your number didn't show up on here. I'll check my inbox in case you sent it in PM.

I have final cut, its just been very hard trying to master it. I took a class in college for it and didnt do too well. lol.
    Yeah if you don't use it, you lose it, right? I can't remember any of the stuff I learned in that book but it was fun.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by garyv View Post
    semajh7,
    I would be willing to help with any type of CNC work CAD work or welding for prop work , even custom plastics work as well. I am only a few hours south of you .. It would be neat to help out on this project..
    I have built all kinds of parts for chairs and mostly yacht work which I am in with a friend in this area and Ft Lauderdale area..
    Also just a thought , not sure what your movie is about but might be able to access a few different yachts to film on or around for you if that is anything you are doiing..
    Gary
    Hey Gary I'm in delray beach. Where are you located? Man, that is an amazing offer you proposed. I'm new to this site but I am deeply impressed at how resources just appeared out of the wood work.

By the way, my name is Justin. Nice to meet you all