Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IM Making a Movie-

that's awesome!
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

Scorpion is right. The barrier to entry is much lower today than it was five or six years ago.

Good luck!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

You guys are sooo right. They have these camera out now called the canon 5d mark II and & 7d mark II. They are still photography cameras that shoot motion video. Th.e look is unbelievable. It looks like 35 miliimeter film. Get this, the RED ONE cam was the craze a two years ago, it priced at about $20,000 when it was released. It too gives a close to film look. The canon 5d in many photographer's opinion gives a better look and it cost $2,700, and the 7d cost $1,600. Technology is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Very cool! Congrats! As an aspiring screenwriter myself, I'm excited for you. It's a good time in history for independent film because technology has allowed people to get their stories on the screen much more economically than ever before. Good luck! And keep us posted.

Btw, I haven't seen "Fresh" yet, but it's in my Netflix queue; I've heard very good things about the movie. I'll be interested to see which actor in it is involved in your project.
    Fresh was a good movie. It even won a Independent Spirit Award. The actors name is Sean Nelson. He starred in "The Woods" with Omar Epps as well. He does cameos on Law and Order too. You can goto IMDB and find any info on any actor with relative ease. I would like to check out your screenplays in the future. We may can turn one into a feature together in the future. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll View Post
    that's awesome!
    Thanks ChinaDoll.

Quote Originally Posted by semajh7 View Post
    Fresh was a good movie. It even won a Independent Spirit Award. The actors name is Sean Nelson. He starred in "The Woods" with Omar Epps as well. He does cameos on Law and Order too. You can goto IMDB and find any info on any actor with relative ease. I would like to check out your screenplays in the future. We may can turn one into a feature together in the future. Take care.
    Oh, ok! I liked "The Wood."

I'll drop you a PM about the screenwriting stuff.

I can tell you that some individuals such as Alex Lindsay of Pixel Corps shoot at 1080p and then imports at 540p. You get about 90% of the resolution and it's half the size. 540p is easier to edit and the smaller file size will be less demanding on your computer resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by semajh7 View Post
    You guys are sooo right. They have these camera out now called the canon 5d mark II and & 7d mark II. They are still photography cameras that shoot motion video. Th.e look is unbelievable. It looks like 35 miliimeter film. Get this, the RED ONE cam was the craze a two years ago, it priced at about $20,000 when it was released. It too gives a close to film look. The canon 5d in many photographer's opinion gives a better look and it cost $2,700, and the 7d cost $1,600. Technology is something else.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Oh, ok! I liked "The Wood."

I'll drop you a PM about the screenwriting stuff.
    Sounds like a plan.

Thumbs up

Semajh7, that's awesome news. We don't know each other but I used to live in the Orlando area. I still visit the fam there every few months. I'd like to offer to help out if there's a need. You said you were in the music game so you might have this covered, but I've been making tunes for years and would be happy to offer free audio work if you need it. I'd be down to provide some inexperienced acting if theneed was there and the fit was right.

All that aside, congrats again that's gotta be exciting. Keep me posted when I can come out and suppport the showing of the finished product (ie, let me know when to purchase tickets/DVD).

ez
    Last edited by badsign; 03-19-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Subscribing to thread

Quote Originally Posted by badsign View Post
    Semajh7, that's awesome news. We don't know each other but I used to live in the Orlando area. I still visit the fam there every few months. I'd like to offer to help out if there's a need. You said you were in the music game so you might have this covered, but I've been making tunes for years and would be happy to offer free audio work if you need it. I'd be down to provide some inexperienced acting if theneed was there and the fit was right.

All that aside, congrats again that's gotta be exciting. Keep me posted when I can come out and suppport the showing of the finished product (ie, let me know when to purchase tickets/DVD).

ez
    I really appreciate that badsign. I am going to need audio work done.Do you use protools to edit your audio. Also, I will be a casting at my college FullSail University within the next 6 weeks I would love for you to come and audition. Do you live far from Orlando? You are also welcomed to stop by the shoot when we start filming.