Thread: Multi-touch gestures simplified for iPod Touch? (and new iPad)

Multi-touch gestures simplified for iPod Touch? (and new iPad)

I have a friend interested in iPod touch but she she read something about the zoom feature (which she would need sometimes) that mentioned double tapping with three fingers and 'double-tap and drag 3 fingers'.

She can't get three finger to work at same time like that, is there anyway to change the multi-touch feature in accessibility?

I noticed they can be simplified on the versions 32GB and 64GB that have voice-over for blind but she will only be able to afford the 8GB as they are really expensive in South Africa where she lives. It also only mentioned 'built in accessibility' on the 32GB and 64GB models.

Just wondered if anyone already has an 8GB ipod Touch and can tell me if multi-touch can be turned off and more simple gestures used?

How do you get round it if you can't use fingers well? I'm assuming an iPad will be similar too which I am hoping to get myself and I type with my pinkies and can use thumbs

Thanks

Kati

I don't have an iPod touch. However, I do have an iPhone in my presence. With the iPhone you can use one finger, and then double tap to zoom in or out. With the iPhone you can drag with one finger. iPhone accessibility reads as follows:

To Zoom
    Double With three fingers.

To move around the screen
    Drag three fingers while zoomed.

To change zoom
    Double tap and drag three fingers up or down.

You can save money (not sure if this is an option in South Africa) if you purchase a refurbished IPod Touch at the Apple store. They give you a one-year warranty.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Smile

oh ok, so you are still using 1 finger where it says three and it works?

I wonder if it will be the same on the iPad? as I am hoping to get that with bigger screen.

I thought maybe something in accessibility where you can change them to whatever movements you can manage to do.

We both have ataxia which affects our fine motor co-ordination. I may not need the zoom feature as much anyway with it been a bigger screen on iPad but my friend definitely would on the iPod Touch.

Yes, you can use one finger.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

don't know the answer to your question, but it reminded me of a favorite apple product parody, the ' macbook wheel' from the onion.com. hope you'll enjoy:
    http://www.theonion.com/content/vide..._revolutionary