Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: I am Dr. Xiao, inventor of the Xiao Procedure

Yes, there are few Drs in USA performing Xiao Procedure

Beaumont Hospital, All Children's Hospital, and Luisana State University hospital, and some other big name university Hospitals (Stanford, Washington U. at St Luis, etc.) also plan to start, though under the name of clinical trial, which means limited number and inclusive critaria.

I was awarded a majoy NIH grant for SCI patients in in early 2000, but did not recuited enough patients, because all SCI patients then believed a cure by stem cell was just on the connor, why bother? I only got 2 patients done and I will show you the videos of these 2 patients voiding.

Interestingly, Xiao Procedrue attacted more attention on another even worse disease: sina bifida-different machanism from SCI but with same problem of bladder and bowel dysfunction. Recently NIH give out another major Grant for Xiao Procedrue on Spina Bifida. You can have look to get some informatioan. http://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?aid=7696321

Since Xiao Procedrue is safer and eaiser for SCI than SB, I believe it will be widely performed and coverd by insurance in USA in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by semajh7 View Post
    Dr. Xiao,
    Thank you for joining the CareCure community. Your insight is invaluable. You are a breathe of fresh air. I truly appreciate your candor, and honesty. I am so glad to hear about the Xiao procedure. I know you said you trained many surgeons from all over the world. Are there surgeons currently performing the procedure in the USA? If not what is your guess as to how long it will be before they are? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CG Xiao View Post
    Beaumont Hospital, All Children's Hospital, and Luisana State University hospital, and some other big name university Hospitals (Stanford, Washington U. at St Luis, etc.) also plan to start, though under the name of clinical trial, which means limited number and inclusive critaria.

I was awarded a majoy NIH grant for SCI patients in in early 2000, but did not recuited enough patients, because all SCI patients then believed a cure by stem cell was just on the connor, why bother? I only got 2 patients done and I will show you the videos of these 2 patients voiding.

Interestingly, Xiao Procedrue attacted more attention on another even worse disease: sina bifida-different machanism from SCI but with same problem of bladder and bowel dysfunction. Recently NIH give out another major Grant for Xiao Procedrue on Spina Bifida. You can have look to get some informatioan. http://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?aid=7696321

Since Xiao Procedrue is safer and eaiser for SCI than SB, I believe it will be widely performed and coverd by insurance in USA in a few years.
    Thanks Dr. Xiao,
    Also, I am a filmmaker. I graduate from film school after I became paralyzed. I'm about to shoot my first feature film in a few months. Maybe one day when I get the attention of hollywood because of my work, I can do a documentary about you. Now that would be awesome. Anyway, thanks again for being kind enough to join us here on Carecure. Take care.

That's wonderful! Are you graduated from NYU?

If so, we are allumini. I strongly ecourage you to make a documentory for those USA patients underwent the Xiao Procedure, not only for Hollywood, but also bring hope and information to SCI and SB patients. Most of them with great results, some not, but everyone is a wonderful and touching story: I give you a few exmples:

#1: about the Luisana girl with gunshut at spine for 5 years. You can go to this link for some information,http://content.yudu.com/Library/A15qm3/CNSNewsQtr12009/resources/8.htm but read the email her mother sent to me, you may cry:
    Feb, 17, 2009 (she was operated on Oct 8 2008)
    Okay everyone….Kelly asked me today to buy her some panties so she could wear them at home. We went to the store and she picked them out. She has had the same pair on for 2 hours now and they are not wet. She has been to bathroom to void 4 times so far. She says that it feels like a
    tickle in her tummy. I am crying and so thankful once again to God and
    for both of you! She is so proud of herself. I just had to share this
    with both of you.
    March 1, 2009:
    Kelly is now beginning to have some very consistent success. She has been wearing panties all week. Everywhere we go to school, play practice, etc... and she has not had an accident. Also it seems her ability to "hold it" is improving, so if a bathroom is not close by she can wait a tiny bit until we find one. I asked her what she thought the difference is and she said that she is feeling it more. She also looked at me with those blue eyes and that freckled face and said "Mom, wishes really do come true!" Once again, I cried.

Case# 2: This 14 years girl was really a very bad candidate for the first set of patients for the first trial in USA.( it is better to start with simplest cases for granted best results) She had many surgeries before and no nerve survivied and usable below L2. I decised to inform her and her family that she will be excluded for this time and we can try on her a few years later. When I went in her word, she was so lovely, so happy with great hope that the Xiao Procedure will bring her miracle. I could not turn her down, so decided still operating for her but told her parents the success rate might be only 30% instead 80% for othr kids. But thanks God, she got the home run! below is the email Dr Peters send to me:
    Dr. Xiao,
    XXXXXXX was in today, if you recall she was the one on crutches with a nerve graft done Left L2 to S2
    Baseline she was severely incontinent of urine between caths, severe constipation and incontinent of stool
    She is now totally continent of stool and urine, senses her bladder full, senses her catheter going in and beginning to void on own
    Urodynamics today demonstrated a stable bladder, normal sensation and an excellent reflex with stimulating the L4 Dermatome Bilaterally!! She voided to completion and we have great video of her bladder neck opening and the bladder emptying.
    She is the second patient to have Bilateral reflex and both were high anastamoses (L2). Must be where the nerves cross.
    I would consider XXXXXXX a home run which is shocking! Thought I would let you know.

Case # 3: The girl appeared in Foxnews was adopted from China. There were hundreds applied to be enrooled in the trial at Beaumont, her parents wrote to me about her. I told them: We did not take care of her well in China, I will take care of her in USA with prevalige. She did great also on both bladdr and bowel. Her mother was so happy and cried before FOX news.

You can have more such moving stories after we conclude the first trial in April.

Regards,

CG Xiao

Quote Originally Posted by semajh7 View Post
    Thanks Dr. Xiao,
    Also, I am a filmmaker. I graduate from film school after I became paralyzed. I'm about to shoot my first feature film in a few months. Maybe one day when I get the attention of hollywood because of my work, I can do a documentary about you. Now that would be awesome. Anyway, thanks again for being kind enough to join us here on Carecure. Take care.

from the UK

hi Dr Xiao
    i don't have accident with my blader, don't discharge as i can hold and control, but i need self cath every 4 or 6 hours but i go to toilet when i feel that i need to. still do you think that you can help?
    You are kind of lucky among people with C5 SCI which is usually complet for most. Yes, Xiao Procedrue can restore your B and B (Both you and I sound very English:-)), but please do not get frequnt bladder overextension. I will talk about this in details to all of you late when I am not so busy.

I forgot the English surgeon's name who is come from Manchester or New Castel. There were 80 surgeons atteded the training course, and can't remember all of them. He asked me to go to UK to help him once he get his team and paper work ready. So, if you do not have very bad recuurent UTI and renal function damage, hang on there for a while. I believe Xiao Procedure will spread to all counties quikly.

Yes.

Yes. You can Feel it mean your sensory is still work,while Xiao Procedure will add the motor power to your bladder and bowel. A very good point you have the sensory is that you would not get bladder overextension, e.g. if you drink 5 beers in 30 minutes, you will feel your bladder is full and then go to cath it out in 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by zq783 View Post
    hi Dr Xiao
    i don't have accident with my blader, don't discharge as i can hold and control, but i need self cath every 4 or 6 hours but i go to toilet when i feel that i need to. still do you think that you can help?

Dear Dr Xiao as you have written that my case was bit difficult due to metal rods so will it effect on my BB recovery in future? I mean what effects can be due to metal rods?

Can i still recover BB function with rods?

I am now in 5th month after surgery. After how much time i can feel recovery in BB function?

Jawaid

If so, we are allumini. I strongly ecourage you to make a documentory for those USA patients underwent the Xiao Procedure, not only for Hollywood, but also bring hope and information to SCI and SB patients. Most of them with great results, some not, but everyone is a wonderful and touching story: I give you a few exmples:

#1: about the Luisana girl with gunshut at spine for 5 years. You can go to this link for some information,http://content.yudu.com/Library/A15qm3/CNSNewsQtr12009/resources/8.htm but read the email her mother sent to me, you may cry:
    Feb, 17, 2009 (she was operated on Oct 8 2008)
    Okay everyone….Kelly asked me today to buy her some panties so she could wear them at home. We went to the store and she picked them out. She has had the same pair on for 2 hours now and they are not wet. She has been to bathroom to void 4 times so far. She says that it feels like a
    tickle in her tummy. I am crying and so thankful once again to God and
    for both of you! She is so proud of herself. I just had to share this
    with both of you.
    March 1, 2009:
    Kelly is now beginning to have some very consistent success. She has been wearing panties all week. Everywhere we go to school, play practice, etc... and she has not had an accident. Also it seems her ability to "hold it" is improving, so if a bathroom is not close by she can wait a tiny bit until we find one. I asked her what she thought the difference is and she said that she is feeling it more. She also looked at me with those blue eyes and that freckled face and said "Mom, wishes really do come true!" Once again, I cried.

Case# 2: This 14 years girl was really a very bad candidate for the first set of patients for the first trial in USA.( it is better to start with simplest cases for granted best results) She had many surgeries before and no nerve survivied and usable below L2. I decised to inform her and her family that she will be excluded for this time and we can try on her a few years later. When I went in her word, she was so lovely, so happy with great hope that the Xiao Procedure will bring her miracle. I could not turn her down, so decided still operating for her but told her parents the success rate might be only 30% instead 80% for othr kids. But thanks God, she got the home run! below is the email Dr Peters send to me:
    Dr. Xiao,
    XXXXXXX was in today, if you recall she was the one on crutches with a nerve graft done Left L2 to S2
    Baseline she was severely incontinent of urine between caths, severe constipation and incontinent of stool
    She is now totally continent of stool and urine, senses her bladder full, senses her catheter going in and beginning to void on own
    Urodynamics today demonstrated a stable bladder, normal sensation and an excellent reflex with stimulating the L4 Dermatome Bilaterally!! She voided to completion and we have great video of her bladder neck opening and the bladder emptying.
    She is the second patient to have Bilateral reflex and both were high anastamoses (L2). Must be where the nerves cross.
    I would consider XXXXXXX a home run which is shocking! Thought I would let you know.

Case # 3: The girl appeared in Foxnews was adopted from China. There were hundreds applied to be enrooled in the trial at Beaumont, her parents wrote to me about her. I told them: We did not take care of her well in China, I will take care of her in USA with prevalige. She did great also on both bladdr and bowel. Her mother was so happy and cried before FOX news.

You can have more such moving stories after we conclude the first trial in April.

Regards,

CG Xiao
    Hi DR. Xaio,

I'm actually from New York, but decided to attend Film School in Orlando Florida (FullSail University), because I had too many bad memories in New York. I think you just gave me the idea for my next film project. I'm currently about to shoot a feature film in late June, early July, but I would like to jump into another project soon thereafter, and I think a documentary about the Xaio procedure would give so many people hope. I remember the first two years post injury, I would have so many bowel and urine accidents that I remember thinking to myself "Death couldn't be worse than this." If my first film does well, I may have the surgery myself and include my story in the documentary. I really appreciate you giving me the idea. I will be following the the april trials you spoke off. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Thanks for posting this Leif ... I'm interested in how other hospitals view these trials and had no idea the Danes were doing this too.
    Hi Lynnifer. The Danes is recruting SCI for clinical trials (15 ppl Dr. Xiao says here in this thread as you can see), I believe the Finish also are planning for a trial with SCI for the Xiao procedure. In Australia they are also planning for trials on the procedure, but there on Spina Bifida patients. This according to the last Danish SCI magazine RYK, see link here (page 26 and 27). I could translate it to English language but don't have time right now due to I will be going on several plane trips (maybe others can, or you could use Google translate, Google could work so you will get the grasp of it); http://ryk.dk/magasin/ipaper/ryk!4-2009

I removed several posts from this thread to the Members Only Forum http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1184320 . I request that the discussion in this thread be restricted to the Xiao procedure. An acrimonious debate has been raging for nearly a decade between another individual and Dr. Xiao, a debate that has trashed multiple discussions of the Xiao procedure all over internet. The Xiao procedure is a surgical approach to restoring bladder and bowel function that is currently undergoing clinical trials. Accusations of dishonesty and counteraccusations of defamation have been in several courts of law and have been extensively discussed in many internet sites. I do not want this debate to spill over onto CareCure. So, please refrain from bringing the debate onto CareCure. Thank you. Wise.

Seems like its the perfect cure since now?
    I didnt read all this thread, but how about higher injuries like c4-c5? What could be the recovery percent?