Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: I am Dr. Xiao, inventor of the Xiao Procedure

Dr. Xiao, Thank you for replying the posts here.. I am 10 years post T-6 level SCI. I am currently living in Turkey, How can I get this operation, what is the closest facility i can have it.. and how much money should i come up with to cover the costs. Thank you..

I had a question about the incidence of unintentional bladder voiding? If the bladder is activated by touch, as it appears in the videos I've seen, how do you not void when accidentally touched in the right spot? Also, most of the discussion I have read is about bladder, but what about bowel function?

so what is next?

hi Dr
    what i should do next? where to go to have this op?

Quote Originally Posted by CG Xiao View Post
    Yes. You can Feel it mean your sensory is still work,while Xiao Procedure will add the motor power to your bladder and bowel. A very good point you have the sensory is that you would not get bladder overextension, e.g. if you drink 5 beers in 30 minutes, you will feel your bladder is full and then go to cath it out in 30 min.

if you drink 5 beers in 30 minutes, you will feel your bladder is full and then go to cath it out in 30 min.
    5 beers in 30 minutes. Xiao knows how to party.

Haha, good one

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post

Yes, Women and Children's Hospital send a patient to me

He is cured, but I recall he is not a citizen of Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by weimin View Post
    Thanks Dr Xiao for answering my query!

I am from Singapore. Have you perform the procedure on anyone from Singapore?

What about incontinence after this procedure? It takes two nerves to activate micturation ... one to contract the muscle around the bladder, another to open the bladder neck ... how is reflex voiding avoided if the bladder becomes too full, because I assume people still don't have the sensation of when they need to void?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Please waite a while( a few month?)

Let's see if the English doctor can start to perform the procedure. If so, It will be much convinent to you, and also good for you,you do not need to spend any money becasue of the UK national health insurance.If the Doctor can not, I will arrange you to come to Shanghai for the surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by zq783 View Post
    hi Dr
    what i should do next? where to go to have this op?

thanks

now i can't wait anymore.
    many thanks Dr

Let's see if the English doctor can start to perform the procedure. If so, It will be much convinent to you, and also good for you,you do not need to spend any money becasue of the UK national health insurance.If the Doctor can not, I will arrange you to come to Shanghai for the surgery.

Come on guys. This is a story of a patients, not me

A caude equina SCI patient with total lose of both bladder and bowel control was cured. Since he got no sensory of his bladder, I told him to go void and empty the bladder every2-3 hours. One day, he come to complain:
    Doc, I have been doing great, but yesteday night I could not hold urine and got wet.
    How come? What were you doing when you got wet?
    I was at a party.
    Ou,yeah. Did you drink beer? How many?
    Yes, just 5.
    Then you shoud go to bothroom every 30 min, not 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by zepac View Post
    Haha, good one
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post