Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 years today....

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    Said it before and I'll say it again,...SCI sucks!!!!!!
    I raise my glass to that sentiment!

Yeah, SCI definitely sucks. But try to think of the anniversary as the day you survived when you could have died. Not always easy to do, I know. I'm coming up on 20 years in October, and I'm not sure how it'll hit me, being half my life as well. Hope you're feeling better than you were a few days ago, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brat View Post
    . . . Obama even came to Butte two years ago, and his daughter and I blew out the candles on a big cake. . .
    That's so cool! You should post pix of that in the Best Pix thread! Or link to a newspaper pic online? What a photo-op that had to have been for Obama, and a great experience for you--a story you can tell your grandkids!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Yeah, SCI definitely sucks. But try to think of the anniversary as the day you survived when you could have died. Not always easy to do, I know. I'm coming up on 20 years in October, and I'm not sure how it'll hit me, being half my life as well. Hope you're feeling better than you were a few days ago, man.

That's so cool! You should post pix of that in the Best Pix thread! Or link to a newspaper pic online? What a photo-op that had to have been for Obama, and a great experience for you--a story you can tell your grandkids!
    It was very cool for the whole town, Scorpion, but if I made it sound like I was personally involved with the family celebration it is only because I was at the party. Mere coincidence that it was my birthday, as well as his daughters, but it made the story better. I am linking the story , and if you could see about three inches to the left outside the shot, you could see my house!

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local...tml?mode=story

Gpbullock... the exact same date changed both of our lives drastically. March 11th 2000. The day before I became 26. Not a fun day but I hope you are doing fine now.

passed 40 in february. sorry all, still sucks.

One milestone I wasn't looking forward to but I survived, and I'm still in the fight. Hope my silence on this thread didn't give the wrong impression. Major dates like these as they relate to how long one has been living with SCI seem to be days of reckoning and introspection, sometimes combined with consuming mass quantities of whatever guilty pleasure you have around the house. There was a lot of weight tied to the 10 year mark for me, 25% of my life spent in a chair, and arguably what should have been the best years of my life. I've accomplished a lot of things in the last 10 years despite my injury, ....in spite of my injury? I have evaluated the time I spent and am interested in seeing what the future holds. SCI still sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    SCI still sucks...
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brat View Post
    It was very cool for the whole town, Scorpion, but if I made it sound like I was personally involved with the family celebration it is only because I was at the party. Mere coincidence that it was my birthday, as well as his daughters, but it made the story better. I am linking the story , and if you could see about three inches to the left outside the shot, you could see my house!

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local...tml?mode=story
    Oh, okay. Your earlier post said that you blew out the candles on a big cake with Obama's daughter, so I thought that was very cool. Anyway, it's still cool that you were there and got to meet Obama! It looks like it was some picnic! And just "walking" distance from your house!