Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: thinking of moving to Florida. Some input/advise would be appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    Awwww, well, I think your poor pup will be better served if you abide by the more civilized leash law we have here She'd be more at risk getting injured by a car...the alligators are more threatened by humans and keep to themselves (mostly) . The rednecks do get a sickening thrill hunting them down when they get too big or take a nibble of stupid humans
    Well, we're working on making our master bath totally accessible here in Wisconsin for the warmer months. Madison has ferocious leash laws but they have a great dog park less than a mile away. It's huge and has a fairly well moved path for humans and plenty of prarie for the dogs to run in. It comes with poop bags, garbage cans, a few picnic tables under some shade trees and a dog pier with 2 walk ramps back up from swimming for them from the slow river thar flows into the lake we're on. Best $27 a year going! Jay takes her twice a day and he, yes, he tries to walk the outer lap twice for his exercise. Everywhere else is rather dog friendly but leashes are the law. We don't worry anout gators but she did get the runs for a day from drinking too much of the river water. Geese, catfish, the rare farm animal (dairy farms do have to have plans to deal with manure and letting it run into the marsh and river are not part of the plans.) type stuff gets in there. This area has gone so liberal that they decided on not even bringing up the shooting of 35 nesting pairs of geese that were written into the reprairie plan. We could use a few rednecks.

We're still looking at the Tampa area for 6 months and a day a year to forego taxes and skip the worst of the cold. But overall, we are loving it!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

We will spend winters in Maryland for another year, probably 2. We really like Columbia. Everything is underground there too. And our neighborhood went to FIOS first. Lots os stuff to do in a short ditance and tons of government jobs especially over at NSA on FT Meade. We've had ice storms that took out cities near by but having utilities underground is truly a life safer...and great paratransit.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.