Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: WhatShowerChairIsTheBestLighestEasiestToTransportB yAir&DoesVA BuyThem

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I have a cam am spyder and ride it everyday, I need a travel chair and want to be able to bring it with, I have to measure the trunk of my spyder to see I can fit one in there or under my wheelchair bracket. I am a veteran but was hurt in a motorcycle accident, would the VA pay for my chair if I went there? I am still going to the VA because of appeal.
    Bring your spyder by and I'll throw my chair in. Then of course I'd have to go for a ride, just to be sure. lol

    Are you in the VA system yet, Seth? If not, it can be a long process to get in, but it is so worth it- the VA is terrific!

    Dave
    Dave

  2. #22
    SethO, if you have a honorable discharge from the service, and a SCI, you should be eligible for VA care, with at most a Category 4 eligibility.

    There is now a new SCI center at the VA in Minneapolis, so I would encourage you to apply through your PVA NSO, get rated at Category 4, and start getting your care (at least your annual evaluations) there. You would then also be eligible for Prosthetics (DME) coverage. You may have a co-payment for some care (depending upon your income) but not for DME products.

    (KLD)

  3. #23
    Senior Member goldnucs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Posts
    559
    Herco,

    Now you've gone and done it! I can no longer contain myself although I am proud that I've been able to hold my tongue this long. I've had enough of your insults and name calling.

    Either you're a Nuprodx shill or just a plain moron!!! For your sake I hope it's the former.

    You have not only insulted me (again!), but now you've managed to insult the entire para community by implying that they are all so stupid as to not understand how to shop. I thought I'd never have to say this inside this room: We are physically-impaired, not mentally, unlike someone else around here!

    Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed (and apparently you haven't), you (Para) haven't cornered the market on disability even though you may have cornered the market on insensitivity and ignorance. There are people out there with MS, MD, CP, stroke, ALS, spina bifida, and a plethora of other diseases and problems, not to mention the elderly, ALL of which pale the number of those with paraplegia and SCI in general.

    Now besides your lessons in demography and class, I might point out that GO! Mobility has MANY very satisfied customers whom are paras and swear by their Go-Anywhere Chairs. Just because you don't need a Go-Anywhere Chair, doesn't mean that there are paras who don't. There are many paras with various complications such as blown-out shoulders who, in fact, need what we have to offer.

    But I have carefully considered your point that we do not as of yet carry a simple, lightweight portable chair for paras comparable to the 3000x. Thank-you for bringing that to my attention. I called down to the shop this morning and issued instructions to my team to get one on the fast-track. Please check our website at www.GoesAnywhere.com in the coming weeks for our new model. I cannot yet quote a price, however, I am sure that, like for our other chairs, it will be extremely competitive.

    r

    PS: I look forward to receiving your next put-down; oh and don't forget to make yet another reference to our videos.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

  4. #24
    Personal attacks on this forum will NOT be tolerated. No one should be called ignorant, moron or other disrepectful names. Differences of opinion will be discussed like adults, not 10 year olds! If this continues, posts will be removed, the thread locked, and banning will be discussed by moderators and administrators.

    Goldnucs, you are already treading on thin ice with your blatant commercial posts shilling for YOUR product. You open yourself up to criticism of your product and marketing methods while bending our rules, so you need to expect that will happen. Suck it up! Enough said.

    (KLD)

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Herco,

    Now you've gone and done it! I can no longer contain myself although I am proud that I've been able to hold my tongue this long. I've had enough of your insults and name calling.
    "Now I've gone and done it"??? Was "pudding" too strong for you? Simmer down killa', Where did I call you names?

    Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Either you're a Nuprodx shill or just a plain moron!!! For your sake I hope it's the former.

    You have not only insulted me (again!), but now you've managed to insult the entire para community by implying that they are all so stupid as to not understand how to shop. I thought I'd never have to say this inside this room: We are physically-impaired, not mentally, unlike someone else around here!
    I never said they don't know how to shop- the supply for gimp equipment is small and a newer para may be swayed to buy a product they don't need easier than an "experienced" one simply because they haven't seen anything better. I said its wrong of you to throw your product at paras and quads who can transfer well.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed (and apparently you haven't), you (Para) haven't cornered the market on disability even though you may have cornered the market on insensitivity and ignorance. There are people out there with MS, MD, CP, stroke, ALS, spina bifida, and a plethora of other diseases and problems, not to mention the elderly, ALL of which pale the number of those with paraplegia and SCI in general.
    Um....... I think I addressed this more than once, in fact I pointed it out to you first. Remember when I said a good salesman recognizes the need of the end user, not the company's bottom line. Like I said before, your product has merit for those who travel with assistance or have something wrong where they're unable to transfer well. Please read the posts prior to flying off the handle.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Now besides your lessons in demography and class, I might point out that GO! Mobility has MANY very satisfied customers whom are paras and swear by their Go-Anywhere Chairs. Just because you don't need a Go-Anywhere Chair, doesn't mean that there are paras who don't. There are many paras with various complications such as blown-out shoulders who, in fact, need what we have to offer.
    I never said there are para's who don't need your product. I'm going to beat a dead horse here, but I told you that para's who transfer well, do not need a product as large as yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    But I have carefully considered your point that we do not as of yet carry a simple, lightweight portable chair for paras comparable to the 3000x. Thank-you for bringing that to my attention. I called down to the shop this morning and issued instructions to my team to get one on the fast-track. Please check our website at www.GoesAnywhere.com in the coming weeks for our new model. I cannot yet quote a price, however, I am sure that, like for our other chairs, it will be extremely competitive.

    r

    PS: I look forward to receiving your next put-down; oh and don't forget to make yet another reference to our videos.
    Great. Competition is always a good thing-I look forward to the sales residuals.


    I actually thought I was addressing you in a grown-up manner with fair and honest critiquing. Maybe it took you flying off the handle to do so, but looky there- you're going to build a better mouse-trap.

    If I like it I might even buy one.

    Dave

    PS- It took you this long to heed my advice about the chair and start building something comparable to the 3000tx, don't dismiss my advice on the video too.
    Dave

  6. #26
    Senior Member SethO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    SethO, if you have a honorable discharge from the service, and a SCI, you should be eligible for VA care, with at most a Category 4 eligibility.

    There is now a new SCI center at the VA in Minneapolis, so I would encourage you to apply through your PVA NSO, get rated at Category 4, and start getting your care (at least your annual evaluations) there. You would then also be eligible for Prosthetics (DME) coverage. You may have a co-payment for some care (depending upon your income) but not for DME products.

    (KLD)

    I will check into this, I do not have a rep I work with but I will check into what I have to do,

    thanks for the info


    Bring your spyder by and I'll throw my chair in. Then of course I'd have to go for a ride, just to be sure. lol

    Are you in the VA system yet, Seth? If not, it can be a long process to get in, but it is so worth it- the VA is terrific!

    Dave

    anytime you want to ride my spyder come up to MN and take it for a ride, you break you buy of course
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

  7. #27
    Rick, I dig your design and your prices are very competitive.

    I am prepared to make your chair the next one I buy when needed.

    Question: Are hand rims an option?
    And the truth shall set you free.

  8. #28
    Senior Member goldnucs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Posts
    559
    We'll be here when ya need us bro....we can get the hand rims but they're pretty pricey. It's been awhile since I've checked but I recall something like $70/set...maybe it was even more....ridiculous. I'll recheck and let you know.

    rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Spring Hill , Florida
    Posts
    616

    Thumbs up My Nuprodx 3000tx Travel Commode/Shower Chair has Been Ordered

    KLd,
    I'm posting to let you know that the NUPROdx 3000tx Travel Commode/Shower chair has been ordered that I asked one of the SCI Therapists to order for me. The purchasing agent in SCI Prosthetics told me it will be delivered to me at my house in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for your help
    picking out the best,lightest & easiest to transport when traveling by air some place.

    RAFS
    Air Force 8/71 to 5/75

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •