Thread: I think I'm going to buy

I think I'm going to buy

a PT Cruiser convertible.

There a 2008 with low miles on it with another year left on the bumper to bumper. It's vanilla which I'm not crazy about and has a light tan roof (also not crazy about) I would have it painted emerald flake green and maybe throw a black roof on it.

What do you think?
    And the truth shall set you free.

I love the PT Cruiser. I have to drive a van, so I can't get one, but would if I could. As for painting it emerald green.......well, you just made my Irish heart happy at the mere idea!

I just bought a previously babied 2003 GT model and I like it so far. A very simple vehicle. Plenty of acceleration. So far about 22 mpg mostly around town. If this car is any indication of how the PT Cruiser will age, then you would be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    a PT Cruiser convertible.

There a 2008 with low miles on it with another year left on the bumper to bumper. It's vanilla which I'm not crazy about and has a light tan roof (also not crazy about) I would have it painted emerald flake green and maybe throw a black roof on it.

What do you think?

sounds like a good deal buddy ol pal, why not pick up two of them and give me one..........
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Not sure what the price is but if you have to put a new paint job on it after you buy it, it better be a damn good deal. And is the interior going to match up with your new exterior colors? Not trying to pee in your cereal but .....
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

prior to my injury in august I was a mechanic for chrysler, these little beasts take a licking. The 2.4L engine is peppy but not as economical as you'd hope, yet very reliable. Timing belt should be replaced every 60000 miles, transmission serviced at around 40k. Other than that it's brakes and front-end, same as any car. If it is a GT model it is turbo-charged and they move pretty good (cousin of the old SRT-4)

I consider a convertible to be a good vehicle for any wheeler, easy to get your chair in and out with no roof on a coupe (bigger doors don't hurt for transferring either)

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Bring a tape measurer

There was one year that had radiator issues. The vehicle had such low ground clearance that the first thing to hit a high speed bump (or steep ramp) was the bottom of the radiator. There were some jokes that the engine cooling system was the first bumper on the vehicle to go.

Cool

I drove a new one at work for a while and liked it. My only complaint was that for a car to be named Cruiser not to have CRUISE was a travesty or at least a pathetic oversight. lol It was a "touring edition" model. I guess that means touring with out cruise. lol

I would say go for it! Ya only live once so spoil yourself rotton.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Thanks for the tips gang!
    And the truth shall set you free.