Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, driving again...that was a loooonnngggg winter!

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Any reason why you cannot use a hand control?
    I am able to push down with the right foot in a brace, I have hip flexors in the right leg, and lift and push at the hip. no safety issue with my foot drop at all. I did have to give up manual transmission due to spasms when using the clutch, and that my left hand has a weak grip. I had to take a special driving test to get my license restored.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream View Post
    I've had that happen too, I just pull back under my knee and my foot comes off the pedal. I've found that getting my foot under the brake pedal is worse!

On my track car I removed the accelerator and made a guard around the brake pedal. It's just a simple rolled up piece of carpet that's tie wrapped as a guard around the pedal.
    How do you move your foot while driving? my hands are both busy while driving....
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    How do you move your foot while driving? my hands are both busy while driving....
    My foot got on the gas last week while cruising on the interstate. I left my left hand on the steering wheel and pulled my leg up with my right.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream View Post
    My foot got on the gas last week while cruising on the interstate. I left my left hand on the steering wheel and pulled my leg up with my right.
    I see, I can only steer with my right hand...
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    I see, I can only steer with my right hand...
    Gotcha, I'm T4 with a Wells type hand control on the left.

Another bad moment can be your leg jumps up and bends at the knee, then the hand control can't depress for brakes because it hits the knee. I've never been close to an accident from these things but I've had a few scary moments and cuts on my foot and knee.
    Andrew