Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, driving again...that was a loooonnngggg winter!

Finally, driving again...that was a loooonnngggg winter!

I quit driving in October after a couple incidents of a foot on the gas and my hand on the brake (not fun...scary)...anyhow, finally got the accelerator/brake guard installed (took my insurance company ages...)!

So anyhow, it works really well, y'all should make sure you have one if you are a spazz like me lol.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Emi happy to hear you are driving again. I have had drop foot for two months now and have not attempted to drive because the doctors keep telling me not to, but I sure hate inconviencing someone to take me everywhere I go. I hope to be driving again soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Simpler Times View Post
    Emi happy to hear you are driving again. I have had drop foot for two months now and have not attempted to drive because the doctors keep telling me not to, but I sure hate inconviencing someone to take me everywhere I go. I hope to be driving again soon too!
    Any reason why you cannot use a hand control?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Congrats on driving again Emi2. I want to drive but don't have a vehicle right now. It's inspiring to hear of others who are doing the do... i.e. driving.

Congrats on driving again Emi. Boy sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Glad to hear ..... I was grounded for a few weeks just due to the ice, and I was going crazy in just that short amount of time!

(and I don;t have small kids anymore either! Congrats on staying sane!)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I've had that happen too, I just pull back under my knee and my foot comes off the pedal. I've found that getting my foot under the brake pedal is worse!

On my track car I removed the accelerator and made a guard around the brake pedal. It's just a simple rolled up piece of carpet that's tie wrapped as a guard around the pedal.
    Andrew

Driving--ahhhh, it's so ..well.. just the freedom it awards us. It's great!! Congrats to you!
    Last edited by fishin'guy; 03-10-2010 at 09:20 PM.

scifor55yrs, I am waiting to see if I will get any return before I invest in hand controls. I have been very, very depressed lately and just am absolutely drained. I will check into them at some point. Thanks, you all take care.

I wear braces on both feet, and am able to drive a regular vehicle. have not had a spasms in my feet while driving, but have recently began baclofen for arm spasms during driving. none so far. I stopped driving while waiting to see if the baclofen would work. I really hate the idea of not being able to drive at all. I had to stop for a year after my head injury due to a seisure, and my liscense was automatically revoked. then just could not afford a car and insurance, which is a gift from my roommate. I did not drive for five years. He put me on his insurance though as secondary driver, so now I am driving.
    congratulations emi2.