Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing the right thing?

Annie and Brian,
    All I can say is "Whew!" I turned on the computer this morning with hope, but also with some pretty severe trepidation. I am SO glad to know that Mark is doing better, and that his incredible sense of humor is still intact, still shining brightly despite his painful throat, and all that he has been through in the lastest foray into hospitalization. Annie, I am glad your twin sister is there too, although I would take exception to you calling her more beautiful and nicer. It is you, my dear friend, who has been the rock of your family, and never forget that. We can only try to imagine how difficult your role has been, and the fact that you do it with love, with humor and grace definitely makes you a beautiful person, and a rare one at that.

oh, made my laugh and cry. great reply about the dishes. That Dr should come to care cure and read through some of marks posts. that way he will be educated on at least the value of a working beautiful mind.
    and Mr brian, sorry about your expierence at the other gimp site. sometimes it gets rude here too, we are after all only human, but for the most part, we are loyal and encouraging to each other here. There are many prayers flying around. lots of amazing people that help make a rotten day better. great caring Dr and nurses to advise on medical issues and life as well. Glad you dropped in.
    hurry back Markpals. you are missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Annie and Brian,
    All I can say is "Whew!" I turned on the computer this morning with hope, but also with some pretty severe trepidation. I am SO glad to know that Mark is doing better, and that his incredible sense of humor is still intact, still shining brightly despite his painful throat, and all that he has been through in the lastest foray into hospitalization. Annie, I am glad your twin sister is there too, although I would take exception to you calling her more beautiful and nicer. It is you, my dear friend, who has been the rock of your family, and never forget that. We can only try to imagine how difficult your role has been, and the fact that you do it with love, with humor and grace definitely makes you a beautiful person, and a rare one at that.
    ditto!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Thanks for the update, Ann. I hadn't posted in the thread, mostly because I didn't have much to add. I've been quite concerned for Mark & delighted to hear that he is doing better. Thoughts and prayer for your family.
    Daniel

Annie and Brian,

I have not been online much these days due to computer problems. But I just got on and read this post. So glad to hear he is awake a good part of the time, and telling his sister what her job now is :-) I am so glad the dialysis helped. Those toxins in the body from kidneys can affect ones entire system, mental processing, etc. We can never underestimate the power of humor, and the power of love.

Our bodies produce natural endorphins, and our thinking process can help us get there.
    Keep up his spirits, read to him, joke, bring in your laptop and read what we have for him. Swollen heads are okay if you are in the hospital :-) Egos will get back to normal at some time later, but that is okay for now:-)

Annie, remember what we did for one person, well, think if you want to send me that doctors email address, think can have a little fun :-) Just have someone tell me about quads and quality of life. I have a few stories and can create some new ones for Mark.
    Hugs my friends...

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Ask my friend if he enjoyed my Private Messages....

Quote Originally Posted by Andes View Post
    Mark has been very sick. He spiked a fever last week, and by the time we got him to the hospital he was having seizures. His temp was 104 for 2 days. He has an angry looking shunt site, but his testicles are very swollen also. He hasn't been with it for many days, and we called our sister home from France. I was so hoping when he heard her voice his eyes would pop open and he would give her the family look. No such luck. His fever still goes up at night some, but not as high as it was.

Saturday the doctor asked what we wanted to do. What do I want to do? Options were stop dialysis, stop abx, stop feeding, turn off the vent any or all of the above. For anyone else, it wouldnt be a difficult decision, and we have all talked about it, and some have advanced directives on file, but Mark is so different from most people. In my heart of hearts, I really think he is still in there. He has fought tooth and nail to stay alive, and I dont know how, but he finds joy in whatever he can still do. If this were Michael, I would know in a heartbeat what to do.

He is very calm, and doesnt seem to be in pain, and I just keep looking at him waiting to open that eye and give me a Sarah Palin. He is going to be so ticked off if he sleeps through Lucy coming home.

Does anyone know of anyone who came out of something like this?
    .... If he smiles his "man hood"-ness is still attached. If he would like some More I could DIG some more up. Even as Mark is "Locked in" there are some here that care about the ALS dude. Ann keep up your good work. Screw the politics I just need a dude that can BANG on a keyboard . Thanks, for keeping the Community informed.

i care

Any updates on how Mark is doing?

wondering the same.

Me too, I just hated to ask. Hopefully he's doing better, and they are busy.