Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing the right thing?

Oh, I wish I were better with words. What a terribly difficult decision to have to make. I have been thinking of you, since you said it was a tough week, and of Mark.

Can you ask the doctors about a prognosis? Has anything happened (brain damage, bone marrow suppression, etc.) that makes it impossible for him to recover? Or is
    recovery still possible?

All I can think is, if he's fought so hard to live, if there's a chance, and if he isn't suffering, maybe wait a while and hope that eye opens?

I'm sure you will figure out the right decision.

I was also thinking about Mark this morning. I know this is very difficult for your family, and my heart goes out to you. I agree that you have to go with your gut and with what the medical professionals tell you... but mostly your gut.
    Please tell Mark that we are all thinking about him, and love him.

I believe you will know when and if it becomes time to make those final decisions. I have been involved in helping to make this type of very difficult decision several times. One thing I knew was I didn't want to make a decision I would second guess myself to death about. As long as he is not uncomfortable, and it seems he's not, there is no harm in waiting. Miracles are possible, and doctors do not know everything. I believe if you are questioning, perhaps it is not time to make any final decisions just yet. My hope is that you won't have to. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Damn, I hate to hear this! I don't have any advice, as I'm sure you'll make the best decision. Please just know that you and your family are in my thoughts during this very difficult time.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Mark touched my heart and I'm sorry you are having to go thru this Ann ... this is for you both !!

Calling All Angels - Jane Siberry

a man is placed upon the steps, a baby cries
    and high above the church bells start to ring
    and as the heaviness the body
    oh the heaviness settles in
    somewhere you can hear a mother sing

then it's one foot then the other
    as you step out onto the road
    how much weight? how much weight?
    then it's how long? and how far?
    and how many times before it's too late?

calling all angels
    calling all angels
    walk me through this one
    don't leave me alone
    calling all angels
    calling all angels
    we're cryin' and we're hurtin'
    and we're not sure why...

and every day you gaze upon the sunset
    with such love and intensity
    why it's...it's almost as if
    if you could only crack the code
    then you'd finally understand what this all means

but if you could...do you think you would
    trade it in
    all the pain and suffering?
    ah, but then you'd miss
    the beauty of the light upon this earth
    and the sweetness of the leaving

calling all angels
    calling all angels
    walk me through this one
    don't leave me alone
    callin' all angels
    callin' all angels
    we're tryin'
    we're hopin'
    we're hurtin'
    we're lovin'
    we're cryin'
    we're callin'
    'cause we're not sure how this goes
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I am new to this site and don't know you or your family. Reading the previous post, I can see that you are special people and special to a lot of others here on this site. My prayers are with you and your family. Lean on God during this time of need.

Annie, I know from talking with Mark that you'll make the right choices -- I just wish like hell you didn't have to. Like so many others here, I fell hard for Mark the minute I started talking with him. I'm pulling hard for him -- I want him back so bad, but he'll know, and find a way to let you know, if it's time to let him go.

Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister, Mike, the boys, and all those who know and love Mark. He loves you all so much, but I know you don't need me to tell you that.

Mark, I'm sending you a big hug, my friend. We have so much more to talk about -- I'll be waiting for you so the we can continue the conversation. Our chat has been much too brief...
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

This is brutal. I'm so sorry. Mark is one of the best things about this site. My best wishes to you and your family.

My Heart goes out to you and to Mark and your whole family. You are all in my prayers. God be with you...

mark is the type of guy any woman could fall head over heels in love with. i can only speak as far as what i would want done of course. myself, i dont fear dying, i look forward to it when the time comes.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton