Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing the right thing?

Brian,
    Thank you so much for posting the latest news on Mark. I am thrilled that he is awake when asked to be, and interpret that as a very good sign. As for the doctor......grrrhh. I would like to deck him for his arrogance and lack of understanding of who Mark is, what he brings to the world, and all of his gifts that have nothing to do with his body and everything to do with his incredible mind and heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Brian,
    Thank you so much for posting the latest news on Mark. I am thrilled that he is awake when asked to be, and interpret that as a very good sign. As for the doctor......grrrhh. I would like to deck him for his arrogance and lack of understanding of who Mark is, what he brings to the world, and all of his gifts that have nothing to do with his body and everything to do with his incredible mind and heart.

Well said Eileen!!!!

Come on Mark, prove that stupid doctor wrong!!!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Great stuff!

Thanks so much for the update Brian.

So glad to hear that he's improving - thoughts and prayers!

Banned
    I am still laughing and have to share this with you. We have all been worrying about what damage this fever and the seizures could have done to Mark's brain, but I just heard something that makes me think everything is still stacked up okay in his head.
    His sister Lucy has lived overseas for the last few years, and has only been home once in all that time. They are a pretty tight family, and I know they miss her. She flew in yesterday, and when she got back to the hospital she bent over to talk to him and he opened his eye. (He has two of them, but the lid muscle on his right eye doesnt work anymore so they keep it patched.) Dad said Mark looked at her for a long time, and then started trying to say something. No one could figure it out and he kept trying to guess what brilliant, heart-felt words he had for his long lost sister. Annie can read his lips better than anyone, and she finally figured out he was saying: "it's your turn for dishes". That is the old Mark!

It is amazing, but I feel I can breathe better now.

Brian,

Thank you so much for posting the update!!! Mark really is one of a kind. I am so glad I know him!!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Brain, your posts have made my day -- it's FABULOUS to finally be crying good tears after reading this thread!

Please tell Mark we are so happy he came back to us, and that if it makes him get better, *I'll* come and do the dishes for a while!

Equally good to hear is that Annie can finally let her adrenaline levels taper down and get some much needed rest. Eileen is right -- your family is beyond amazing. It's truly a privilege to be able to get even the tiniest taste of the love, connection, laughter, and fierce commitment you share with one another. It's not surprising to me that Mark is back -- who'd be able to leave a family like you?

As for the doctor, he better be glad that he's not located near any of us. An angry mob of folks in chairs is not something he wants to experience. We take care of our own.

Thank you for keeping us updated, and welcome to CC.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I hope he gets back in the pink.
    Last edited by PN; 03-14-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Banned
    You dear,dear people! I cant find words to tell you how much you have come to mean to me in such a short time. Thank you Bri for keeping the updates. Mark is still in and out, but it is him, I promise. I wish I knew what he wants to say right away. I know it frustrates him to no end. To make matters worse he has developed a case of thrush and his poor ole tongue is sore so he gives up after a couple of tries. He still looks like a sad pup who has been kicked to the curb, but he is so much better. I guess having him sleep is a good thing and will help him get better, but it is so different for him. He lives on cat naps at home. Actually he drives me nuts sometimes when he is wide awake and I want him to go to sleep so I can! I better be careful what I wish for from now on.

My twin sister is here and its so good to get caught up on her life. I wish we were identical because she is beautiful! I look more like her brother than sister! She is nicer than I am too, so the doctors come around more often I think. I'm so glad we called her and she came. I didnt want Mark to wsake up and see her and think 'this must be it ', but they needed to see each other, and she needs to see Mike before he gets worse. Thhe little guys dont even really nkow her. they talk all the time but it isnt the same.

My eyes and fingers dont want to work any more, but I have to thank you all and I will touch base with each of you soon. I dont think I can show Mark all the nice things you have said about him. I wont be able to find a hat that fits his swollen head. (You better believe he will know)

We all send our love to your dear and tender hearts.
    Ann

Aww, poor Mark, he sounds all beat up - but I'm so glad he's "him" again.

I'm sure you're absolutely mentally and physically exhausted. Don't worry about being the "nicer" sister - I'm sure you are a tireless and fierce advocate, which can be far more important than "nice".