Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing the right thing?

In my thoughts and prayers, wishing you and yours the best. I agree with the others that you'll know what to do when the time comes, whether he opens that eye or not ... said it before, you're a great sis and I'm sure Mark has complete faith in your judgment ... you can handle this, please keep us posted.

Annie, I am sorry. Just know that sometimes infections, fevers break and it takes a little time for the body to restabilize. Are the antibiotics working? Is his fever down to normal? How are his vitals? I realize he was recently on dialysis. I also know Mark is one very cool and incredible guy. You also are one incredible sister. What a burden on your shoulders. How heart-breaking. I guess I am saying the same as others here. If there is a chance the antibiotics will take away the infections, and his body can tolerate this, and just need a little time, you should be able to make a decision easier based on this.

Annie, please feel free to send me a PM if you want. I am thinking of you and prayers to Mark and to you and family..Hope he gets to see his sister :-)
    Last edited by med100; 03-10-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Banned
    I just wanted to let you know how Mark is doing. His fever is down to 99.7, and his numbers are getting more in line. No more seizures, and his BP is low but they can at least get one. He is still out of it, but when we move him he grimaces a little, so I think that is a good sign.

They are going to go ahead with the dialysis later today and the shunt site looks good this time.

Lucy got here, and I kept telling everyone he would wake up when he heard her voice. Now she has stood by him for hours saying 'wake up Mark', and now I wonder if he is staying asleep on purpose! She is scared and upset, but I cant help but say to her look at the time you have missed with all the boys. Maybe this is a wake up call for all of us.

Thank you so much for all the good thoughts. And for sayings such nice things about
    Mark. You know to me he will always be my handsome big brother who could do everything, and was funny and would always share his Skittles with me, but he is just a shell of that guy now. He would be so surprised to know that he has made such an effect on people who didnt know him before. That you are able to see past what is left of his body, and bother to get to know him would really make him feel great. All I can say is thanks everyone.

All my love
    Annie

I hope I have the chance to know Mark better. From the little I know - he is awesome.

Give him a hug, and play him some Chopin from me.

I'll be thinking of you both Annie.

Annie, your update sounds like good news. I hope things keep getting better and you get Mark back again soon. He has, indeed, made a hugely positive impact on everyone here who've taken the time to read his posts. We're all pulling for him and your entire family!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

prayers
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Saying prayers for Mark and all of you.

Banned
    Pearlie, One thing. You will never have to worry about doing the best thing for Mark. You know him better than any of us. I always want you in my corner, Kid.

Annie, so glad to hear his fever is down! And they will be starting dialysis again. This sounds good to me. Sorry about his BP being low, but it sounds like he is being stabilized. Glad the shunt is looking better. Sorry he is not yet opening his eyes for Lucy. I hope once he has dialysis, and his kidneys working better, he will improve even more.

So Mark even shared his Skittles with you? Wow. I am not sure my brothers would have done this :-) Sending prayers his way...

He made me laugh last time he wrote to me. We talked a little about my Uncle Bishop Schuster and his affiliations with Bishop Thomas and Bishop Hunthausen. We talked about Missoulas and the University in the earlier days.

I trust we will continue the conversation once he is home again. He always comments on how blessed he is and for having the wonderful family he has. He is blessed for sure.