Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do if you were told you had to do this??

Yes I thought about how I could also be worrying for nothing . However... I am not going to feel stupid if that happens, just prepared and relieved. I would only feel stupid if I hadnt worried!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Late to the party, but just as interested!

Beckers, if possible, I'd make an appointment to meet with the instructor before the first class so you can introduce yourself and give her a heads up that due to your due to your disability and health status, you may need some accommodations to fully participate in the class. It will give you a chance to feel out what lies ahead and how willing the instructor is to work with you, and allow the instructor to start thinking about ways to make sure you're included.

I think you'll be fine, and your participation in the class will enrich everyone's experience.

Outside of what happens with this class, have you touched base with the student disabilities' services office yet? If not, please make it a point to do so. They can be real allies in getting you what you need, so it's not a bad idea to let them know you're out there before any problems come up.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Good luck Becky. You've had some really good advice. Try not to worry about something that has'nt even happened yet. Sounds like you have a good attitude about the class, and I can see why you would be concerned, I'd contact my doctor about it and see if he would put any limitations on paper for you to have a guide line to go by and give the instructor a heads up on what you're capable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    Yes I thought about how I could also be worrying for nothing . However... I am not going to feel stupid if that happens, just prepared and relieved. I would only feel stupid if I hadnt worried!!

Becky
    sorry, wasn't trying to call you stupid, just when i do that I always call myself that for sweating the stuff that never seem to appear, guess i was just typeing like i talk
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    sorry, wasn't trying to call you stupid, just when i do that I always call myself that for sweating the stuff that never seem to appear, guess i was just typeing like i talk
    I didn't think you were calling me stupid ... no worries!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    I didn't think you were calling me stupid ... no worries!!

Becky
    kool, hope everything works out for you and the class, i have a feeling it will
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan