Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Sick Feeling

I KNOW THE feeling too, it sucks
    hope your better tomorrow.
    cauda equina

look up "lucid dreaming" and try that out.

from wikipedia...
    A lucid dream is a dream in which the sleeper is aware that she or he is dreaming. When the dreamer is lucid, she or he can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. Lucid dreams can seem extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream.

Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post
    I was just sitting here, deep in thought, when I looked out my window and watched as a girl ran down some apartment stairs. It felt like a moment of fascination at how effortlessly she bounded down them. And then it hit me. I had this sudden realization that I have forgotten what it feels like to walk. For the longest time, I tried desperately to hang onto whatever memories I could. It was as if I'd play home movies over and over again in my head, almost obsessively so that they wouldn't fade. And now I'm grasping at them. I'm pushing myself to remember what my toes felt like after playing all day in the snow. I can tell myself what it felt like when my toes began to thaw, but I can't actually picture the sensation anymore. I can't really explain how profoundly sad I am at this moment, but I feel so heavy with grief. I keep telling myself that THIS is my life and it's pointless to "what if" it to death, but, my god, life would have been so different if I was able bodied.
    yep, sometimes i look at one of my legs and try to remember back when i was able to move it, trying to remember what i did to move it. guess it was a second nature just to walk, oh well, guess i can't change it so don't spend alot of time thinking of it, alot more things to do and see in this world
    bruce
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

As Sarah's Mom, this kills me. Knowing that she is hurting the same deep inside. Sarah lives on Facebook and MySpace these days. There are many times when I see her posts and it breaks my heart. She once added a post that went something like...."Dear Spinal Cord, I would do anything if I could only walk again. It has been 10 months since my accident. Please heal!" And she went on a little more from there - I think you can imagine.

Ripped my heart in shreds. That crushed me knowing that she had that moment when I was in bed for the night. I felt like she had been left alone with nobody to talk to when she needed someone. It was a real awakening for me.

Rob lifted me up last night and I stood for like 2 min..oh my god, i was so emotional...i really really miss standing...im not being bitter but i know how you feel... its a strange feeling

Re-Winding Our Lives

To keep things in their proper perspective you must know, WALKING IS WAY OVERATED.

However, it is extremely normal and probably mentally healthy for us to dream as walkers and flyers and to remember when...
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I've also forgotten how it feels to walk. Or what it feels like to stand on freshly cut grass or beach sand.

I can see it in my mind's eye but I can't remember how it feels.
    _____oOo_____
    Phil C6
    "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Kiran, wow, brings the realization back.I played basketball for over 40 yrs, loved it, coached boys and girls teams.I lived bball, now it's hard to go to a game. I'm having trouble standing in place now doe to a bad disc, breakdown. I know how you feel. look and see people "run in" to get something and gawd, the thot of doing that, ,......... just makes ya wanna cry. I feel for you and me and everyone. not fair...thx for the thread, it's good to know i'm not alone.

I had the same feeling when i saw the beginning of Avatar. When he transitioned and just started running around it really hit home. I often dream of running.

grass and sand feels like glass and needles to me. though it is feeling so yes I am grateful for it until it is time to sleep. though it is less when off my feet, the longer I feel things during the day, the worse the stabbling is at night.