Thread: Female continence aid

Female continence aid

This was initially designed for women who want to use a "pee valve" in their drysuits while scuba diving. Men use adhesive condom caths and we thought there had to be a better option for women than indwelling catheter, hollister medical pouch or diapers...

www.she-p.com

I use it, it really does work and doesn't leak... I also use it for long car rides. There are also women using it who fly airplanes and gliders that can't 'pee in a bottle' or use the 'overboard discharge' that men can use.

it is a reusable device, made of medical grade silicone, the same silicone that PEG tubes are made of (bacteria resistant).

I have talked to a couple women with ALS who have been interested in using it, and they pointed me to this site.

It was looking painful to sit on
    TH 12, 43 years post

In addition to having to shave your pubic hair and stick this on with adhesive, I would also be very concerned about skin breakdown from both the device itself and the tubing it is attached to.

Also, for the OP, it would be helpful if you would complete your profile so we would know what your disability is. It makes a difference in recommending products like this.

(KLD)

In addition to having to shave your pubic hair and stick this on with adhesive, I would also be very concerned about skin breakdown from both the device itself and the tubing it is attached to.
    Hi my thought's exactly but If it was only used for a hour here and there do you think this would be dangerous ?
    I know what you mean about the adhesive because I am very Tender skin and for instance I am allergic to the 3M medical adhesive compound used on medical tape and anything with 3 M Adhesive . It actually tears my skin .
    Hoping to get rid of this Super pubic Catheter someday soon .....

Thank you
    Gypsylady