Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice Sculptures

That looks hella fun! Was that in Alberta?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I love to see things like that. This year in Nashville they did a whole display of Peanuts and Charlie Brown including a slide made of ice the kids could slide down. I don't know how they mix color in the ice.
    Not nearly as pretty as yours, but thought I'd share. I was also amazed at how they made these with heat and saws. Also how much electricity it took to keep the whole building cold enough here in TN.
    Last edited by addiesue; 06-21-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    That looks hella fun! Was that in Alberta?
    Yes. At Lake Louise.

Last one
    Last edited by orangejello; 03-07-2010 at 10:12 AM.

slide
    Last edited by addiesue; 06-21-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sorry I butted in OJ. Love the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I love to see things like that. This year in Nashville they did a whole display of Peanuts and Charlie Brown including a slide made of ice the kids could slide down. I don't know how they mix color in the ice.
    Not nearly as pretty as yours, but thought I'd share. I was also amazed at how they made these with heat and saws. Also how much electricity it took to keep the whole building cold enough here in TN.
    That's very cool. Thanks for posting the picture. I love Peanuts! I have seen lots of ice sculptures before but this was the first time I had ever seen them being made. It was fascinating. I could have watched all day if it wasn't so cold and crowded. Yes I would imagine it would be tricky to have ice sculptures on display there without melting! I am glad you got to go and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    Sorry I butted in OJ. Love the pictures!
    No you didn't butt in at all. Please post some more if you can. I would like to see them!

Those were all awesome! I wish we had some sort of winter festival in Windsor ... but it's so flat and city-like here ... and the weather is unpredictable.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Very nice pictures!
    I've always admired those who are able to draw or sculpt and make things lifelike.
    Thanks for posting them
    - Richard