Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Mobility

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA

Next Mobility

According to a dealer I know,

Next Mobility, whose products include the Omegatrac power wheelchair and the Tailwind, a power assist manual wheelchair, was "taken over" by an unknown company about two weeks ago.

My chair is in the shop with a leaking transaxle seal so I will post if this presents any difficulties.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    I, for one, would be real interested in getting any details on this as I am very interested in getting myself a Tailwind.

Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    www.GoesAnywhere.com

On Feb. 23, I got a PM from a CC member who is a TW dealer, Jeff Sirko1 - Live Well Medical Supplies, and he did not mention anything. I know they were redoing their web page and it was down for a few days. Maybe that got rumors started.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I heard it was Pride who bought them. But through the grapevine...

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    I heard it was Pride who bought them. But through the grapevine...
    Do some snooping while your at ISS.

Like Motion Designs(Quickie), Quadra, Sopur,Shadow, Kushall, Top End and countless others; they get bought out and the quality and service eventually goes down.

If they are being bought out, I'm sorry to hear that. Especially if it's a large Corp. like Pride or Invacare. The line will either be discontinued (in US) like Sunrise did to Sopur. Or, they'll make the chair as cheaply as possible. I guess its just part of business.

Didn't Top End(Invacare) just come out with a manual assist device. Could be they bought them out to take the Tailwind out of the market.

Ah Rumours, don't ya just love 'em! lol

I just got a PM from Jeff Sirko1. He has had recent conversations with the N M engineers and it seems like all is well there.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Yea, Rob the Tech rep from N M said the same thing after stammering and not knowing what to say for a while after I asked him about the takeover. Let's keep the customer happy.

The dealer represents next mobility products and is seriously concerned since his inquiries to his contacts and the Company President have gone unanswered.

Hopefully, no big deal.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

they were at ISS. Pride did NOT buy them.

Well, if/when I ever get my hybrid chair off he ground I promise it will solve the problem of those torn between a manual and a power. I hope to submit it to a potential partner this summer. Trust me it is better than the Tailwind.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97