Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: 32 years

  1. #21
    Senior Member Kratos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lat:+46,034635 Long:+16,619310 Croatia
    Posts
    782
    i salute you. 32 is more than i have now..
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

  2. #22
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    32 years, I don't know if I should offer congratulations, or sympathy SCI is a bitch, but there's still some good in life, and it looks like you've found some of it. Good for you bruce. For your anniversary, too bad you didn't get to do Sarah
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  3. #23
    Congrats

    You are soon an oldie
    TH 12, 43 years post

  4. #24
    Moderator jody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    east o the southern warren
    Posts
    8,530
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    question to you, do you feel any older than you did 32 years ago? I mean with physical issues.

    Like for instance my grandma is 87 and she tells me her problems and in my head Im like wait, I have all of those and some more. So when I get older will I even notice my body falling apart because it already seems like its screwed.

    Its like she has to cath now, she has pain, she has ostoprosis, she can't walk good, I have all those too but she can have a bm without fingering her anus which is nice. So when I'm older will I just dominate all the other old people when it comes to wheelchair races because I'm so use to it? hah
    Id totaly have a hard time thinking of grandma's digi stim. I don't feel any older in my head, but the mirror slaps me with oh! Oh! hell, I'm older than I was....

  5. #25
    Senior Member mr_coffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    Id totaly have a hard time thinking of grandma's digi stim. I don't feel any older in my head, but the mirror slaps me with oh! Oh! hell, I'm older than I was....
    hah yah I wasn't picturing it I was just saying thats one of the things she doesn't have to do due to old age.

    But yes I guess my question was, you look older but do you feel older or does it all feel the same because your already screwed up? To me I already feel like I'm an old man so when I am an old man I don't think it will feel any different.

    I just think it will be less depressing for SCI to get old than AB people getting old.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;


    For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

  6. #26
    Senior Member brucec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    5,658
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    question to you, do you feel any older than you did 32 years ago? I mean with physical issues.

    Like for instance my grandma is 87 and she tells me her problems and in my head Im like wait, I have all of those and some more. So when I get older will I even notice my body falling apart because it already seems like its screwed.

    Its like she has to cath now, she has pain, she has ostoprosis, she can't walk good, I have all those too but she can have a bm without fingering her anus which is nice. So when I'm older will I just dominate all the other old people when it comes to wheelchair races because I'm so use to it? hah
    hell yes i feel older, the last few years seem to get weaker and weaker, my friend and I was joking at lunch a few weeks back about we're the ones now taking this pill for this, that pill for that, etc
    guess it's scary realizing getting older like everyone else my age, but I have the extra bullshit of sci along with it
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

  7. #27
    Senior Member brucec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    5,658
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    hah yah I wasn't picturing it I was just saying thats one of the things she doesn't have to do due to old age.

    But yes I guess my question was, you look older but do you feel older or does it all feel the same because your already screwed up? To me I already feel like I'm an old man so when I am an old man I don't think it will feel any different.

    I just think it will be less depressing for SCI to get old than AB people getting old.
    i think the opposite, when a ab gets older and trips, they get up, and have a sore muscle, we bite the ground hard.
    when ab people get older their bowels timing screw up, ours will be worst.
    etc etc
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

  8. #28
    Senior Member brucec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    5,658
    Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    Damn, was in a great mood today, and then saw a memo here at work with March 5th on it, knew something was weird about that date, and then it hit me, 32 years ago, 3/5/78 was my car accident.
    had to go outside and smoke a ciggarette, lots of weird thoughts still going on
    want to thank everyone for the kind words and replies, really helped out alot, funny when I was injured at 17 the doctors and rehab told me the average life span of someone injured at 17 was 40 years old, and of course since i still smoke ciggs, drank beer/whiskey and smoked pot, they said i'd be lucky to see 35. ha!
    49 and still kicking, it's in the high fifties today, so i hopped on the trike and went for my first ride this year, was great being in the wind.
    getting ready to head to a cookout up in virginia with friends, should be a great day all around, hurry up summer!!!!!!
    .

    all i can tell everyone is, immediately head to your front door, open, go out, shut door, and take off for several hours, even if destination unknown!
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

  9. #29
    I plan to party every year like Jody too, don't think I will ever just forget the date though...it's embeded in my head.

    Congratulations, I know it's past the date now but mark it on your calender for next year. Party like a rockstar because although sci is a major bitch, it ain't beatin' you down.

  10. #30
    Senior Member wtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    silver state
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    .

    all i can tell everyone is, immediately head to your front door, open, go out, shut door, and take off for several hours, even if destination unknown!
    I have never done this before but I really need to sounds fun.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 12:12 PM
  2. its been 4 years since my SCI!
    By mr_coffee in forum Life
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 11:00 AM
  3. It's been about 5 or 6 years...
    By kimmyprettyface in forum Life
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 08:16 PM
  4. 2 years already
    By DA in forum Cure
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 01:05 PM
  5. 5 years
    By davidh in forum Cure
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •