Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Happiness is a lazy dog!

Quote Originally Posted by sreneet View Post
    Elsie is going through heart failure. I think Rusty can sense that she's sick, he spends a lot of time licking and laying close to her these days.
    I was happy looking through this thread until seeing this, it brought tears to my eyes. It's sweet, but still sad.

Love looking at these pictures. Maybe I can figure out how to post some. We adopted a pound pup about 2 years ago. Husband was firm that there would be no dogs in the house. I argued that a small dog would be great company for him. He finally gave in and we adopted Sadie. She is absolutely great. She was about 3 when we got her, already housebroken, spayed, and microchipped. She has excellent manners and absolutely loves us. she's like a little mother hen with my husband. When he goes outside, she follows him everywhere. I'll bet a million dollars wouldn't buy her from him now. He's really a softie at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by med100 View Post
    sren- Great pictures of your furkids. Love the pool.. I also love it when they pancake themselves out flat like that...
    Thanks; Trixie is our only dog that lays that way.
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsLucy View Post
    Love the shot by the pool and the gate.

Tough to top a faithful dog.
    Thanks; They're always waiting there when we come home. We call Champ the "parking attendant" because he walks in front of everyones car until you reach the house.
    Last edited by sreneet; 03-11-2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: typo
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    I love the pool shot! Do yours ever go in? My lab would be in in a flash!

You can tell she is in motion by the ears, she has regular floppy lab ears.
    They will go in but they won't swim, there's a shallow area they can sit on. We don't let them do it anymore because they were getting the pool too dirty. During the summer they go into a creek on our property and get really dirty. So my husband set up a small pool that they can get in when they need to cool off. I felt so sorry for them because they would sit at the door barking to get in the pool. I'll post a few old pictures of them in the pool.

That's a great picture, my brother has a dog that looks almost exactly like her. He's full grown and only weighs about 45 lbs and has a solid black tongue.
    Renee

Champ and Trixie cooling off!
    Renee

It was funny to watch because they would be sitting there and drinking at the same time. Talk about "lazy" dogs!
    Renee