Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to get supplies on time?

Is it possible to get supplies on time?

HELP PLEASE! Ok, I am going on 7 years of frustration when it comes to getting my caths on time. I used the closed cath systems. Every month I call and put in my order. I have called 5-7 days before up to two weeks before and every time I order they are late. I am so tierd of waiting for supplies. I called last week to order. Gave them my address, my phone number, all my information and told them to call me if there is any problem immediately! So, today still no caths. I call, oh we just shipped them out. I ask "was there a problem?" they tell me no. This adds so much stress not to mention the UTI's I get from not having my supplies. Does anyone know of a supplier that actually delivers these supplies on time? I am currently using Wright and Fillipis out of michigan, have used another distributer with same problems out of Florida. I would really like to not have to worry about this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    HELP PLEASE! Ok, I am going on 7 years of frustration when it comes to getting my caths on time. I used the closed cath systems. Every month I call and put in my order. I have called 5-7 days before up to two weeks before and every time I order they are late. I am so tierd of waiting for supplies. I called last week to order. Gave them my address, my phone number, all my information and told them to call me if there is any problem immediately! So, today still no caths. I call, oh we just shipped them out. I ask "was there a problem?" they tell me no. This adds so much stress not to mention the UTI's I get from not having my supplies. Does anyone know of a supplier that actually delivers these supplies on time? I am currently using Wright and Fillipis out of michigan, have used another distributer with same problems out of Florida. I would really like to not have to worry about this anymore.
    We use ABC Medical...we do not have to call every month to put in an order...and they show up like clockwork. They ship us the same amount every month...and we also have a closed cath system. We are on United Healthcare...so...do not know if that is the difference or not. Thought I would try and help though.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I have no trouble either, I use Edgepak, because my insurance requires it, and they send out a "standing" order every month.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

i use modern medical i think there from ohio but id have to check my work comp covers my stuff if i call on monday its here on wednsday pretty quick and reliable
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

If paying out of pocket, wisdomking.com has impeccable service.

My thinking is they stock as little as possible. So when you callo and order it, so do they, they order it in, and repackage it and ship to you. Mine supply co does the same thing.

I have to go into town once a month and pick Davids suprapubic cath supplies up.

I was using home wellness 1, and found them to be very good at being on time. they use rochester medical supplys, which has closed system. you can try calling or emailing rochester medical, and they will tell you who delivers in your area. there is no reason for habitual problems with getting supplys.

I use uro medical in saskatchewan and recieve my supplies the next day almost always unless holiday or weekend.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Thank you everyone for your information. I am going to get in contact with each of the suggestions and do a little price comparing and then submit to my workcomp that I need a change in my medical supplier.