Thread: Bearings, Hubs and Wheel question

Bearings, Hubs and Wheel question

The ZRa comes with Spinergy WIRE wheels standard. I don't want those I want Dino's or at least Spinergy LX's. Someone told me I can't just switch those out, why not? Do I need a different sized axle or bearings or what?

I don`t know dinos, but if you go for LX the axle is the same.

How do I know they're the same? Is it because the 1.87' bearing measurement is the same?

My 2005 ZR came with TiLite's wire-spoked wheels and the quick release axles were too long to use with my Spinergy LXx and Round Betty Dinos.

I plan on getting Dino's for my chair (Quickie gtx) which comes with 2.3" bearing spacing. I emailed Sportaid and she said the table they have says i will need 4 1/4" axles instead of my current 4" ones. That doesn't make sense because they will be smaller bearing spacing wells but the Quickie website says I need the same thing.

careful with sportaid regarding axles. prices are great, but they recently left me unimpressed. Especially considering there webpage states they are experts at supplying spinergy axles. Being in Canada I didn't even think it worthwhile to ship them back.. I'll just keep them for future rims I've yet to discover. Can't get enough wheels!

Ok, so if I want 24" Dino's on a ZRa what length axle do I need and is it the same one as for a Spinergy WIRE? The width of the axle the same?

Quote Originally Posted by iLkRehp View Post
    Ok, so if I want 24" Dino's on a ZRa what length axle do I need and is it the same one as for a Spinergy WIRE? The width of the axle the same?
    Call the Dino wheel manufacture for the hub width and measure the hub from your existing wheels and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by iLkRehp View Post
    The Dino "outside" bearing width at the faces is 1.87" . So to get the correct axle you need to also calculate the axle receiver overall length. I believe the Zra axle receiver lenght is 2.0" But you should confirm it with sport aid/ti lite. If so the total crucial length to know is 3.87"..you should be able to get the correct axles with those two measurements.

I would call Tilite and ask Domonic. If you do go with a different wheel, still get the standard ones that comes with it. You can use them for a spare or sell them for more than the 50 dollars taken off the list price of the chair.