Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Netflix

Does anyone use Netflix? Are there any other outfits like this?

thanx

Hello Netflix and goodriddance to Blockbuster!
    They're great

Last week I signed up for three months at Hollywood Video for $30. I am entitled to select 3 DVDs from the store. When I am finished watching them, I have someone take them back to the store and I can get 3 more. If I keep the DVDs for over 5 days, then there is a late charge. Also, under this plan, I am not entitled to new releases, but I am able to watch the MVP (movie value pass) which are DVDs that came out about 4 weeks ago. Hollywood is a little cheaper than Blockbuster and I cannot mail these DVDs back under this program. Fortunately, Hollywood Video is about 2 miles from my home. The other day I rented "Man on Fire," "Hell Boy" and "Confidence." Today I rented "Paycheck," "Mystic River" and "Master and Commander."

Lewis, I saw your redirect, but I decided to post here because Steve replied about Netflix and Blockbuster.

http://www.hollywoodvideo.com/mvp/

PN

I use the blockbuster online service. It's the same price as netflix, plus you get two free in-store rentals each month.

Paul, how was Mystic River, it's on my list and should come in the next batch after I send these back.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Jim, last night I watched "Paycheck" which I enjoyed and recommend. Tonight I plan on watching "Mystic River" and I will give you my thoughts/comments manana.

PN

Has anyone seen that blockbuster now has no more late fees? To me this is great! That was one of the main reasons I was considering netflix

jennifer

You still have to go pick it up, and take it back, while Netflix includes postage to and from your home in the service. You should check the Blockbuster fine print on the "no late fees" policy too...if you keep it more than 7 days, you have bought it. They will bill your credit card for purchase of your late item.

(KLD)

Hmmm..I did not know about the late fees policy. Thanks for the heads up!

jennifer