Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: script filling woes

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    Thats sucks...it happens often here too but they give what they have and call me when the order for the others have come in...they order especially knowing it is a monthly script but someone else might bring in a script a few days before and I show up and they are gone...but they ALWAYS have at least a week's supply...having to drive so far is crazy...have you sat down with them and explained all that to a local pharmacy? Get on a first name basis with them...Sorry you'll miss the expo, but maybe you can find Mary Jane and go with her...teehee!
    they tagged it with my name, and it was still given to someone else. I fill it at about the same time each month, and make several calls the week it is due to be filled to be sure it was ordered. the order goes in on sunday, and I am careful to call the week before, then on monday to be sure it is in, then I let them know what day I will be in to fill it, and call before I leave to go to the pharmacy to pick it up. this time I thought it was done right. not.

Jody, there should be a 1-800 number that you can call and complain about each pharmacy. I had to do that when my Dad had a heart attack and what was then Eckerd drugs pharmacy had a guy there who yelled at me for dropping off the scripts too late for him to get them filled. I have posted a longer version of that story elsewhere on CareCure before. This same guy gave my friend's hubby the wrong meds and could have killed him. Little did he know that the manager of that store was a personal friend of ours...and I got the number to corporate office, complained about him, plus gave them my friend's number so she could verify. Found out he was a "floater" pharmacist who went from place to place. I believe he got the axe because we never saw him in the pharmacy after that.

I also feel for the lady who's Mom died, however, that is NO excuse to not do her job correctly when people's lives literally depend on it. I also work in a field where we actually manufacture medical supplies, and it is governed by the FDA, and if I did my job wrongly, I would be fired, no question about it.

I wish you the best...are there any "Mom and Pop" pharmacies there? Maybe a smaller drugstore? just a thought...sigh.....

They should be able to give you a partial script if they are running low...grrrrrr.

Jody, is there a costco wholesale near you? I have never had a problem with them and the most I have ever had to wait if they were out of something was one day for their wholesaler to get it to them. I don't know if your insurance would allow you to use them, also you do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy there.

Dear Jody
    I'd Call or go to my psychician in person and Explain to Him / Her immediately this problem , Jody I to live far from pharmacies and when I run into similar situations I sometimes have to meet the Problem Face to Face like seeing my physicians to resolve these problems

Withdrawels are terrible and I dont like seeing anyone in pain .

In certain states as these DEA laws change from state to state Certain level Drugs are sometimes Scripted Monthly

Financially I look at the prices of certain meds and it is unreal , Sadly because of the new Guidelines and now things like Generics etc...
    There is no need for you to go not paying your Rent
    Explain this to your Doctor and pharmacy

I hope you feel better
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady
    Last edited by GL; 03-01-2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Typing error

I agree with Gypsy, I'd talk to the doctor for one thing.

Why do you have to wait until the last patch? Because the doctor says so, laws say so, insurance says so? My guess is the insurance.

The pharmacy can fill the script, and have it all bagged up, and just not put it through the insurance until the day you are to pick it up, if that is the problem.

I've always had much better luck with CVS than the others, but that's just me. And yes, a mom and pop might be nice, if insurance allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc View Post
    Jody sorry to hear you're going through it

I agree that establishing a relationship with a local pharmacist is a good idea. I don't get why you couldn't send 'em the script, and then have them fill it (in whole) when the product comes in? Doesn't it just take no more than a day for them to order and receive it?
    well the withdrawal sucks. it can't be filled untill I am on the last day, or it won't be covered by insurance. by that time the withdrawal makes it a hazard to drive. I won't risk not being a safe driver. ever. it can take up to a week to get the order in for this medication. which is Fentanyl. I have been using it for eight going on nine years. it works for me, while others do not.

Jody, if your insurance will cover it I would look to an independent pharmacy. An independent pharmacy is probably owned and operated by the pharmasist. He is only reimbursed for filling prescriptions not for showing up. Establish a relationship with him/her and they will bend over backwards for you. Some of these insurance companies are so scared someone will die with extra pills or patches that they will not allow a prescription to be filled even one day early.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpler Times View Post
    Jody, is there a costco wholesale near you? I have never had a problem with them and the most I have ever had to wait if they were out of something was one day for their wholesaler to get it to them. I don't know if your insurance would allow you to use them, also you do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy there.
    no cosco in this state. cosco is great though.

Jody, you can drop the script off early - ask them to go ahead fill it. But - you won't pick it up, and they can just put it through the insurance on the correct day, when you're going to pick it up. At least I know CVS will operate that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Louise View Post
    Jody, if your insurance will cover it I would look to an independent pharmacy. An independent pharmacy is probably owned and operated by the pharmacist. He is only reimbursed for filling prescriptions not for showing up. Establish a relationship with him/her and they will bend over backwards for you. Some of these insurance companies are so scared someone will die with extra pills or patches that they will not allow a prescription to be filled even one day early.
    the insurance only allows the use of an approved pharmacy on their list. the problem with pain meds in this state is that there are a lot of armed robberies of pharmacy's apparently. they don't order very much pain medications at a time to prevent being robbed.
    Last edited by jody; 03-01-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling err