Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: script filling woes

script filling woes

well, I have had a problem filling my pain patch for the last three months. I end up having to call other pharmacies to find it. and they rarely have the full script, which means it can't be filled if I want to have enough for the whole month. I called ahead to make sure it was ordered, and I was promised it was. called again yesterday, yep they are here.... go to fill it this morning, oh I'm sorry we didn't have the full script, and it isn't my fault, it was the new girl.......no one else has the full script, and it cant be split or I'm out of luck for the month unless I want to figure out away to not pay my rent to pay for what insurance won't cover because it isn't a full script. so not really and option. I have to drive 50 miles to fill the thing. well now I have to have someone else drive it for me, because I'm going through withdrawal now. this for the last three months. so three pharmacies have to have one box each curried over on monday, because its the weekend. so forget the guitar expo tomarrow! I guess this should be put in bitch and complain, because that sure is what I am doing, but well, anyone have an idea of how I can fix this problem? I mean, I did call twice to make sure it was ordered, and they promised not to give it to someone else. now they are saying it is my fault because people usually get two boxes, when I deffinately made sure they had three boxes, and they can see my script on the computer, which she assured me she was looking at as we spoke on the phone.

It sounds like total incompetence Jody. Forgive my ignorance if there's a good reason, but why can't they partially fill your prescription and then give you the rest when it comes in?

Sorry you have to suffer because of this. You have more than good reason to bitch about this happening to you.

change pharmacies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shelley View Post
    It sounds like total incompetence Jody. Forgive my ignorance if there's a good reason, but why can't they partially fill your prescription and then give you the rest when it comes in?

Sorry you have to suffer because of this. You have more than good reason to bitch about this happening to you.
    For controlled substances, some state laws forbid this. Sometimes they can do a partial fill, but only have 72 hours to come up with the rest, for example.

I'd second the suggestion to switch pharmacies, if possible.

Also, try to get your doctor to give you the script about a week before you run out - so you can drop it off at the pharmacy and give them time to get everything in. Presuming there are no problems with state laws there. As long as you're just getting the scripts every 30 days, hopefully a doctor could understand that you need the scripts for the pharmacy before the last minute.

Thats sucks...it happens often here too but they give what they have and call me when the order for the others have come in...they order especially knowing it is a monthly script but someone else might bring in a script a few days before and I show up and they are gone...but they ALWAYS have at least a week's supply...having to drive so far is crazy...have you sat down with them and explained all that to a local pharmacy? Get on a first name basis with them...Sorry you'll miss the expo, but maybe you can find Mary Jane and go with her...teehee!

Is it a uncommon script? Can the dr. write it for something else that they have in stock that will work for you?

I am so sorry. I'd speak to the manager and change pharmacies Usually controlled drug scripts are only good for a week, I think.

Jody sorry to hear you're going through it

I agree that establishing a relationship with a local pharmacist is a good idea. I don't get why you couldn't send 'em the script, and then have them fill it (in whole) when the product comes in? Doesn't it just take no more than a day for them to order and receive it?
    Daniel

State laws vary so much for controlled drug scripts. For example, Illinois used to allow only 7 days to fill a script - and for a partial, the rest could only be filled within 72 hours. Now they changed it - I think a script is good for 90 days. But I think the silliness of the partial scripts remains.

Depending upon the pharmacy, it can take far more than a day or 2 to get the meds - especially depending upon just what it is, and the weekend, etc.

Some of this is pharmacies fault - and some govt. regulations.

I hope you find a good solution Jody.

this has happened at three different pharmacy chains. walmart, rite aid, and walgreens. I am limited to what pharms I am allowed to use by insurance. I did speak to the superviser at rite aid. She started crying about her poor mom just dying. I felt really bad about that. she was very apologetic, but well, I ask each time what else can I do to assure I can get my script filled? the answere is, that I did more than most do to get it filled, and that their should have been no problem.

Mj does not help enough with pain. or that would be my choice. I have just moved to another state. no connections here. I mean I know not a soul here. no idea where to look, so am starting on baclofen because since stopping I get spasticity. it did help with nausea.

I can only fill the pain med when on the last patch. It is the one pain med that actually works for me. I have a problem with oral meds due to severe nausea. I get an autonomic response when I have no pain control.
    If the withdrawal were not so severe, I could wait it out, and use a blood pressure med for the autonomic response, but it is very bad, and affects my heart beat. I don't know how to make it easy for them to get it right. I do think it would be better to stick with one pharmacy, but that has not been possible since none of them have been able to have the script filled without a problem.