Thread: Hoyer friendly hotel near Port of Miami

Hoyer friendly hotel near Port of Miami

Does anyone know of a hotel near the Port of Miami with rooms that would accommodate a rented hoyer lift? My wife and I are going on a cruise in September and need to stay overnight the night before. I would prefer the clean, but affordable type, but am willing to spend a bit more if necessary. My rental provider didn't have any recommendations as far as a hotel though. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try posting this question on the Disabled Cruisers forum at www.cruisecritic.com

(KLD)

I'm not sure I understand your question....

Is your concern that the bed is on a box or bed frame that is too low for the Hoyer to go under? If that is the case, a simple call ahead to put wood blocks under the legs to raise the req. height or swap out a b"box" for bed frame.

Also call ahead to manager and give them a heads up that you are having a hoyer delivered and just store/keep safe until it can be put in your room.

Quote Originally Posted by tyson133 View Post
    Does anyone know of a hotel near the Port of Miami with rooms that would accommodate a rented hoyer lift? My wife and I are going on a cruise in September and need to stay overnight the night before. I would prefer the clean, but affordable type, but am willing to spend a bit more if necessary.
    The Biscayne Bay Marriott has amazing customer service. I'm sure they could accommodate you, but they may also be able to direct you to another, less expensive hotel in the are. Tel #305-374-3900

C.