Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Daily activity may help w\pain. U think?

Our Daily activity may help w\pain. U think?

I've notice when i'm up early and moving the pain is lesser, Even thou the pain is sometimes there already when I get up.
    I'm tryn to find patterns, about how i feel "verses" what i do to feel better. Trust me takings meds with hot tea is good, but when? and with what? and how much is still a misery to me.
    I think i'm getting closer to knowing my new sci body after 2yrs.
    Any help with your daily "fix it" or "regiments" will be helpful.
    This is what I do daily:
    1st
    I stretch exercise(like yoga maybe) to try to loosen muscles.
    I get up early: b\c laying down starts to hurt and stiffen my muscle
    take meds.
    Put on shoes.
    eat.
    go outside
    stretch more and more
    I think about my day.
    Then I about gettn out the house
    ***But some days i'm just sore all day, so my activity is lesser.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Yeah alcohol helps, but afterward your poductive is shot.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

CoolBreeze. I was reading your first post and there is a great typo and Freudian slip that I noticed. It is great and I hope you appreciate it. You wrote "It is a misery to me" and you meant to write "It is a mystery to me". But really it is both, a mystery and a misery. Well done. What triggers the neuropathic pain for me is also both a mystery and misery....

I have a bit of obsessive compulsive in me and kept detailed diaries a few time with resets as I felt I was loosing track.

Net I haven't a clue.

Loved the slip thanks Arn

Good luck breeze
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

First of all, keeping a diary is a must. Even the most subtle changes or thoughts/feelings should be logged. It's a great way to rant and to log progress. I log rep/sets of exercises, how I feel, what is pi$$ing me off, what is making me happy and improvements in my body. It's good to read back from time to time to see progress in body and mind.

In terms of pain. I tend to get my neuro pains in my left groin/top of thigh area. It's horrible, bloody horrible. I honestly think if I stuck a knife in my right thigh (where I have sensation) at the same time I wouldnt notice the pain. In terms of what sets it off - well, I've not nailed it down totally yet. But I have found the following set it off for me:

1) When I sit on my nads I know about it very quickly.
    2) Touching the scar on my left side sets it off (sometimes).
    3) Electro-stimulation in the left glute area sets it off.
    4) Simply thinking about it.

I find that my neuro pain is nowhere to be seen while I am standing, or trying to walk - either because my body is happier that way or simply because I am distracted.

Fly Pelican Fly,

It sounds like you are triggering an exaggerated autonomic reponse that is increasing norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter. If you visit the thread "Was it orgasm or AD", KLD brings up how sitting on one's testicle can induce AD and Dr Young's response contains alot of information.

Joe

Starting the day with a hot muscle relaxing shower seems to help me with the early part of the day.
    Life has a way of throwing you a curveball once in a while, the trick is to never strike out.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelie View Post
    Starting the day with a hot muscle relaxing shower seems to help me with the early part of the day.

Me too. I do my stretching exercises in the warm shower, plus thru-out the day. Avoiding getting over-tired and unnecessary stress, and resting right when it starts getting worse, helps me in the never ending battle to manage neuro pain. It helps me to go to bed, although others have the opposite experience. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by melodiclogic22 View Post
    Fly Pelican Fly,

It sounds like you are triggering an exaggerated autonomic reponse that is increasing norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter. If you visit the thread "Was it orgasm or AD", KLD brings up how sitting on one's testicle can induce AD and Dr Young's response contains alot of information.

Joe
    Thanks Melodiclogic22: Do you have a link for the thread - I cant seem to find it.

Cheers
    Fly

Fly Pelican Fly,

It was here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...t=89506&page=3 but I can't find it. The OP was Mr Coffee and the thread was titled, Was it an orgasm, or AD?
    KLD wrote "I have even seen some guys intentionally sit on their testicles to induce it.

Dr Young can you restore the information that was in your post #24?

Joe