Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Someone just scared the

I'm getting an alarm system put in. I've had quotes from Brinks (I forgot their new name) and ADT. Anyone have experience with these? Anyone have the trouble of noone answering the calls or other problems?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I've had ADT for a couple of years now. No problems but I haven't had anyone break in to give it a real test. The sign on the front lawn is probably the biggest deterrent.

I've had ADT for a long time. They've always been fine. I haven't had a break-in, but have had the alarm set off a couple times and they did call everyone.

I am debating on getting gun. I have grown up around them fired them. I am from the good ol UP of Michigan! I just dont know if I could shoot at somone, and it is not a good idea to have one if you dont know if you can actually use it. I do have mace and a collapseable batton that my hubby got me and I carry with me at all times. Even in the house. I had a similar situation when hubby was at work. Someone called late at night, asked for him and when I said he wasnt here they hung up. Then a little while later someone came to the door and knocked. We dont know anyone down here and neer have anyone come over, especially late at night. I could see throught the peephole and they had a hat and dark hoodie on, I didnt know who it was. And I didnt answer the door. The dogs were going nuts and barking, I let them continue and they eventually left. Scared the crap out of me and I slept with my mace in my hand til hubby came home. The camera thing is a very good idea. My hubby also teaches self-defense and is starting to teach me things that I can do with limited mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    I am debating on getting gun. I have grown up around them fired them. I am from the good ol UP of Michigan! I just dont know if I could shoot at somone, and it is not a good idea to have one if you dont know if you can actually use it. I do have mace and a collapseable batton that my hubby got me and I carry with me at all times. Even in the house. I had a similar situation when hubby was at work. Someone called late at night, asked for him and when I said he wasnt here they hung up. Then a little while later someone came to the door and knocked. We dont know anyone down here and neer have anyone come over, especially late at night. I could see throught the peephole and they had a hat and dark hoodie on, I didnt know who it was. And I didnt answer the door. The dogs were going nuts and barking, I let them continue and they eventually left. Scared the crap out of me and I slept with my mace in my hand til hubby came home. The camera thing is a very good idea. My hubby also teaches self-defense and is starting to teach me things that I can do with limited mobility.
    You don't need to decide if you could shoot at someone. You need to decide if you can shoot someone with the intent of killing them. No one should ever point a gun at anyone they aren't willing to kill.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg