Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Startrack Ramp Truck

Startrack Ramp Truck

http://www.startrackslifts.com/ramptruck.html

Anybody have one? It works like a ramp minivan - but its a truck! I've seen other trucks with lifts, but this is the first wheelchair ramp truck I've ever seen!!

Now I'm really itching to get back in the drivers seat! Screw my minivan...
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

I don't think a low rider like that would fare to well in Iowa winters?
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Or PA winters! But if the weather is bad enough for 4 wheel drive, I dont think I'd be leaving my house. Haha except to make some donuts in a parking lot
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

This system has Air Suspension. The truck would ride higher when the bags were filled.

Nice alternative to lifts...but only issue from here would be my AB SO would have a really difficult time of also driving it!!

Not a ramp conversion, but I've been looking into Ryno and waiting for them to do Ford F250, as I have a Lincoln MarkLT/same body:
    http://www.rynomobility.com/gallery2.htm

Beverly

"A wild patience has taken me this far..."

Quote Originally Posted by S&W Winger View Post
    Nice alternative to lifts...but only issue from here would be my AB SO would have a really difficult time of also driving it!!
    The original drivers seat could be modified to be secured in place of the wheelchair.

I like the modification and the fact that the lift is not hanging under the vehicle but the ramp looks a little steep. Maybe it's just the angle of the images...

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
    The original drivers seat could be modified to be secured in place of the wheelchair.

I like the modification and the fact that the lift is not hanging under the vehicle but the ramp looks a little steep. Maybe it's just the angle of the images...
    But then where would I be?? With Ryno, there's a place for both:

Though the ramp looks less steep in this shot, it looks like the seating is not interchangeable with Startracks:

Love this idea of the ramp vs. lift, but need to be able to switch drivers on long trips...OOPS! for the hijack, but still within the scope of the thread...
    Beverly

"A wild patience has taken me this far..."

I looked at a Honda XWav Element with the same set up and it came with the stock drivers seat that could simply be inserted when necessary.

On the Element I looked at the ramp was too steep to push myself up. Notice in that video for the truck the guy had the power assist wheels so it's kinda misleading to say 'manual' chair.......
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S&W Winger View Post
    But then where would I be?? With Ryno, there's a place for both:
    I see your point. With the Ryno conversion the driver and passenger sides are accessible to a wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    On the Element I looked at the ramp was too steep to push myself up. Notice in that video for the truck the guy had the power assist wheels so it's kinda misleading to say 'manual' chair.......
    I watched the video but didn't notice the power assist. I agree it's misleading.