Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After SCI??

Question After SCI??

Ever sinse my SCI December, 2008. Ive been getting ittchy everytime I excersise, wich stops me from getting an excersise or going outside. Has anyone else had that affect? Or recomend to see a "dermatologist"? I am a T4 complete paraplegic.

Do you take supplements? Sometimes you have to watch and can get a reaction. I get the itchy and burning if I take Niacin. I wish you well.

are you using duragesic? (fentanyl) this happens to me when a new patch kicks in. is there any rash?

That happened to me a lot the first couple of years after my injury. I didn't know what it was and never figured it out. After a while, it went away. I didn't stop exercising or going outside, though. I'm T4/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by addis8 View Post
    Ever sinse my SCI December, 2008. Ive been getting ittchy everytime I excersise, wich stops me from getting an excersise or going outside. Has anyone else had that affect? Or recomend to see a "dermatologist"? I am a T4 complete paraplegic.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    Do you take supplements? Sometimes you have to watch and can get a reaction. I get the itchy and burning if I take Niacin. I wish you well.
    No i dont, just my medications.

No i dont. Im alergic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    That happened to me a lot the first couple of years after my injury. I didn't know what it was and never figured it out. After a while, it went away. I didn't stop exercising or going outside, though. I'm T4/5.
    Its so hard not to itch thought amd makes me not want to stop working out.

This can be a form of neuropathic pain. If your skin looks OK (no rash, etc.) you might want to discuss trying some of the meds used for this (like Neurontin or Lyrica) with your SCI physician.

(KLD)

I had tingling down my limbs but it wasn't on the skin. My legs would "buzz" like crazy for a while when I pushed myself to jog. This eventually went away on its own and I just powered through working out and doing stuffs. This sounds like it's more of a skin sensation though. Keep up the hard work ... no giving up.

- K
    C5 Burst Fracture - Motorcycle - June 21st, 2009 - Father's Day.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=124135

My son perceives his nerve pain as an itch. He gets in the same area of his lower leg -- sometimes worse than others. He uses a lidocain patch when it gets bad.

Is the itchy area in the same spot/region?
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt