Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I hate

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    I am with you here. I am very interested in politics and in fact, spend a good bit of time working for and against politicians, etc., but I do not visit that Forum at all any more. It is next to impossible to carry on a rational discussion there, or even find substantive comments because they are buried by deluges of flaming and other derogatory comments. But then, I guess it just reflects the incivility of current day politics. I waded through enough shit when I was a kid growing up on a dairy farm. I sure do not want to do it here.

I got a little offended in Politics a short while back. I gave it a good break of a couple of weeks. I then came back with a slightly different frame of mind.

I'd like to defend the politics forum. It is actually very civil of late. I honestly feel like I like and respect all those who post there.

Civil - maybe, extremely predictable and annoying - even more so.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I hate the political forum now. I would love to put that one on ignore. likely for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    I am with you here. I am very interested in politics and in fact, spend a good bit of time working for and against politicians, etc., but I do not visit that Forum at all any more. It is next to impossible to carry on a rational discussion there, or even find substantive comments because they are buried by deluges of flaming and other derogatory comments. But then, I guess it just reflects the incivility of current day politics. I waded through enough shit when I was a kid growing up on a dairy farm. I sure do not want to do it here.
    You can find rational discourse with those who WANT to have it. But I agree there's a lot of mudslinging in Politics. I do both in Politics. I have rational discourse with those putting in the effort and showing that intention, while having fun poking at the idiots.

the thing is the idiots think they are the smart ones. erm, wait, Im not one of the idiots am I?

that's why I gave up on newmobility... it had spilled into other forums and they are quite beligerent toward one another.

I havent posted in the political forum in a long time .
    Then again I dont like being torn apart
    Although I love politics I am now staying away from the Grey Area
    Sincerely;
    Gypsylady