Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skirts, Dresses, Leg Bags, Oh My!

Banned
    Thank you all for the advice. Now I have some experimenting to do and a place to start. I just knew that I didn't want to give up my skirts and dresses, even with my tiny legs, but it wasn't something that was addressed in rehab and no one that I asked seemed to have the answers that I was looking for.

And Addiesue, thank you for the greeting.

Hi Helen,
    Just wanted to add my welcome, I'm kinda new here too. I'm in TN too.

The IceDragon Avatar best represents my constant Freezing yet Burning Pain...not to mention all the other sensations that come with neuro pain

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    yep jody, thats the one I wear when i wear my dresses
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I didn't realize there were so many women in TN besides me. Maybe we should talk sometime.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Hi Helen, I also am really close to you in location. Like addiesue I didn't realize there were so many women in TN especially middle TN.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Banned
    It sounds almost like TN is handicapped central! Either that or we're all living too dangerously. LOL

question on the leg bags i am a quad c6c7 its all i can do to open the bag i use a bed bag 2000 just because i can open the leg bag without getting all wet. i hate it but.....
    how do you other quads do it

vjls, I think that has come up before by the way, you might try the search.

I am a para, so not much help, but I have used several different leg bags, and run into many different types of valves. Some are tricky even with full function. You might want to try different brands?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    question on the leg bags i am a quad c6c7 its all i can do to open the bag i use a bed bag 2000 just because i can open the leg bag without getting all wet. i hate it but.....
    how do you other quads do it
    get a quad clamp.

http://urocare.com/products/QuickDrainValve.php

remove the screw drain valve on bottom of leg bag, replace with the above. all you need do is flip the lever, no fingers needed. note: only compatible with the urocare latex leg bags i referenced in earlier post.

Many of my clients who have a C6-7 injury can empty any of the Flip-Flo type leg bags that Bard makes. This is pretty easy using the side of your hand to open or close. Check them out.

You may need to add a longer extension tube at the bottom to make it easier to read a urinal or toilet for draining, and if you don't have sufficient hip ROM it can be much more difficult. For those who use power chairs, you can get a powered leg bag emptier (and water the roses or flush the gutter when in public!).

(KLD)