Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you blame this guy? What would you do?

Do you blame this guy? What would you do?

This is great.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/22600154/detail.html

Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home Ahead Of Foreclosure

Got em' good. He had to of had some liquid courage to begin that, that took balls. Was a really nice home and pool...before of course.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

how about that.

This is more complicated than just a simple foreclosure. Lawsuit, IRS liens, business and commercial property.... who knows what he owes. The bank may very well be in the right. They may, however, be thieving bastards.

The article states that he sought legal advice and knows the consequences so as long as he pays what is owed, I applaud him for sending the bank a very expensive message. Sometimes principle is worth more than money.
    Death and taxes

No, I don't blame the guy at all. The part that made me particularly angry is that he was given the money to pay off the loan from a friend, but the bank REFUSED him of paying it off because they could make more profit by taking it away from him and flipping it.

Big baby. He broke the law. It's like owing a loan shark money and hacking off your pinky before the guy shows up to collect...doesn't change the fact that you're a degenerate idiot.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
    This is great.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/22600154/detail.html

Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home Ahead Of Foreclosure
    I don't blame him, but he was stupid, any equity he had in the house above the owed amount is long gone now
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    Big baby. He broke the law. It's like owing a loan shark money and hacking off your pinky before the guy shows up to collect...doesn't change the fact that you're a degenerate idiot.
    Expand on your thoughts. He broke the law by destroying the house or something prior with the bank? As for your analogy, I take it he still owes the bank the money?

This guys got balls! If more people were like him would we have a 'housing crisis'??

V for Vendetta! F the money hungry bank!
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    No, I don't blame the guy at all. The part that made me particularly angry is that he was given the money to pay off the loan from a friend, but the bank REFUSED him of paying it off because they could make more profit by taking it away from him and flipping it.
    how can the bank refuse the payment? seems like the buisiness was the issue not the house. the value of the house was far more than the amount due. how can that be legal in any way? you would think there would be some lawyer willing to defend him in such a raw deal.
    Last edited by jody; 02-21-2010 at 11:38 PM.