Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you still a "good" Christian if you only curse when angry?

I got reprimanded and deleted by my aunt on facebook for saying freaking. She's very "christian" and couldn't believe I'd say a slang word for F**k, lol. My kids say freaking all the time, but when we are really upset we say Jiminey crickets.
    I don't cuss alot but did when I worked on an ambulance without even realizing it. Something to do with hanging around a firehall I guess.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

My how the world has changed - when punishment is an Aunt deleting you on facebook.

Guess it beats having your mouth washed out with soap.

I guess that's all she can do from 5 hours away. ... . Until she educated me I didn't know freak was a bad word. She hasn't spoken to me much since. So much for forgiveness....
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    The Bible clearly teaches that it is sin that separates man from God regardless what kind it is. Isaiah 59:2 says that sin separates man from God. Romans 6:23 says that the wages of sin is death. The example of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden clearly illustrate to us that sin results in separation from God. It does not matter what kind of sin it is. It does not matter whether it is a big or a small sin. My mother used to tell me that the smallest lie would condemn one to hell just as easy as murder. She was, and is right. God will not look upon a little sin and say, "Well, I suppose no real harm was done, so you don't need to worry about it." God simply cannot do this. Our God is a holy and righteous God and there is no sin that can be committed that he will accept. As soon as that sin is committed, we are condemned. In this sense, there is no such thing as a little sin or a big sin. Regardless the size or extent of the sin, they are equally harmful in that they separate us from God.
    Ezekiel 16

49 "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
    50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
    51 Samaria did not commit half the sins you did. You have done more detestable things than they, and have made your sisters seem righteous by all these things you have done.
    52 Bear your disgrace, for you have furnished some justification for your sisters. Because your sins were more vile than theirs, they appear more righteous than you. So then, be ashamed and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous.

Luke 12

47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Those are merely two examples in Scripture acknowleding the severity of sins and the punishments given thereof.

Sorry, Mona, but for your mother to tell you that a small lie and murder will have the same consequences in the hereafter is completely illogical and an insult to God's wisdom, even mere mortals like us know there are degrees of wrongdoing. You'd be admitting that your wrongdoings should have you convicted and thrown into prison for life with violent offenders and even murderers for you say there are no degrees in wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    My how the world has changed - when punishment is an Aunt deleting you on facebook.
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I guess that's all she can do from 5 hours away. ... . Until she educated me I didn't know freak was a bad word. She hasn't spoken to me much since. So much for forgiveness....
    Really? Wow that's extreme. "Good" Christians should be forgiving indeed.

Ah well there was a lot of other drama going on besides the word "freakin". Family is great you know...

They say the only thing worse than having family, is not having family.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I got reprimanded and deleted by my aunt on facebook for saying freaking.
    Off topic but this, and similar stories I have heard elsewhere recently from other people in my life, reminds me of why quitting facebook cold turkey remains one of the best decisions I have made in the past few years

Although it's true sometimes I miss the potential for drama
    Last edited by orangejello; 02-22-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    Off topic but this, and similar stories I have heard elsewhere recently from other people in my life, reminds me of why quitting facebook cold turkey remains one of the best decisions I have made in the past few years

Although it's true sometimes I miss the potential for drama
    Amanda, it doesn't allow you to delete your profile. Have you figured out how?