Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you still a "good" Christian if you only curse when angry?

Banned
    Do I get any extra credit because I can just think the words now, and not speak them?
    You may not know it big brother, but you can get a look on your face and I know exactly what you are thinking. And you ought to be ashamed!

Hope I am not coming off as some pyas bitch but here's my 2¢ -

All sins are equal - but the consequences of some sins are greater than others.
    There are good people who are not Christians. There's a verse about being saved by faith, not by works or just by being "good".

I'd say someone who is a true Christian will certainly make the effort not to swear, but we're all human and imperfect.

So, I say you can still be a good Christian even though a curse word comes out at times - just ask for forgivness and try not to.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkPals View Post
    You didn't say it Mona, but you were thinking it, weren't you.

I guess the difference between us , is that I do not consider saying words like crap, shit, damn , hell or fuck is cursing. If I say "G. damn you to hell." That might be cussing. Does saying heck , instead of hell, or saying darn instead of damn, or saying geeze instead of Jesus mean I am cussing?

What I am trying to say, Mona, is that "MY" God is not going to deduct points for words I say to describe a situation or condition of my life. More important are my actions towards others, and not hurting another living soul.

Do I get any extra credit because I can just think the words now, and not speak them?

We are funny creatures, we humans, and I remember a statement you made once that cut me worse than any swear word could. It was hateful and bigoted and I am sure offended God much more than four letter words could.

I dont mean to be mean, but sometimes we judge others, but miss our own flaws.
    No I wasn't thinking God was marking each cuss word said down.
    Thinking about it, I guess it's just as bad for "you" to think them as say them.
    But worse for "me" if I have to hear them.
    You don't know me.

I'm very sorry if I said something that hurt you.
    Please accept my apology. I sin everyday, all day long.
    Absolutely true. Much easier to see other's flaws

It just boils down to what's in your heart.
    A sin is a sin. There are no degrees of sin.
    If you know cussing offends me & do it anyway, you're hurting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Mona, are you familiar with the Phelps family? I don't believe there are many more evil in the heart than those people. Shirley Phelps Roper may toe the line with the Bible from a fundamentalist's point of view, but the words she speaks and her demeanor are pure evil.

Watch and be shocked by this woman (even Sean Hannity sees how evil she is):

Todd why would I want to watch an insane woman? lol

Sjean no "sugar" isn't cussing to me. It doesn't offend me.
    I often say bolognie macaroni. I know kinda childish.
    I've been saying it since a small child.
    There was a period I cussed. Took it from my husband cussing.
    I'm s-o-o-o glad, I don't have to hear that any more.

gross woman. has that manson look.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    It just boils down to what's in your heart.
    A sin is a sin. There are no degrees of sin.

Mona - I know I probably shouldn't even get into this, but how can that be true? There are no degrees of sin? If we stipulate that sin exists (which I do not), how can there be no degrees of it? Is cursing the same as theft? As murder? As rape?

Please understand - not an attack on your beliefs on my part; I'm just unclear on what you're saying.

im a christian and its been a long time since i curse, its just a bad habit and if you are a christian work on doing right, its not easy but if u are not working on being a christian is a curse that will defeat you. i believe in you to give it up cause i have faith in you. i change so much for the better since being born again. i feel so good spiritually and so many people see the anointing upon me and its just amazing when you take those leap in faith how God just mold you and bring that peace within your being. when i was doing all the wrong things i curse people and wish some dead, when i look back and notice they are all dead. its something i will becareful about wen it comes to cursing. all i can say is work on it and do it for you and bring the best out of yourself, its really ugly wen you think about it. i replace it with a mental prayer or even out loud. takecare n God bless you!
    Sammy..
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Mona - I know I probably shouldn't even get into this, but how can that be true? There are no degrees of sin? If we stipulate that sin exists (which I do not), how can there be no degrees of it? Is cursing the same as theft? As murder? As rape?

Please understand - not an attack on your beliefs on my part; I'm just unclear on what you're saying.
    Okay I know it's not an attack. Hope this helps.

The Bible clearly teaches that it is sin that separates man from God regardless what kind it is. Isaiah 59:2 says that sin separates man from God. Romans 6:23 says that the wages of sin is death. The example of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden clearly illustrate to us that sin results in separation from God. It does not matter what kind of sin it is. It does not matter whether it is a big or a small sin. My mother used to tell me that the smallest lie would condemn one to hell just as easy as murder. She was, and is right. God will not look upon a little sin and say, "Well, I suppose no real harm was done, so you don't need to worry about it." God simply cannot do this. Our God is a holy and righteous God and there is no sin that can be committed that he will accept. As soon as that sin is committed, we are condemned. In this sense, there is no such thing as a little sin or a big sin. Regardless the size or extent of the sin, they are equally harmful in that they separate us from God.

http://www.the-churchofchrist.com/si...ts_for_sin.htm

Seperation from God is the punishment from all sin. So they are equal in that way. Seperation from God.

I agree Sammy. So glad you found our Savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    Sjean no "sugar" isn't cussing to me. It doesn't offend me.
    The only reason I brought it up, is when I said sugur, I sure meant sh**. And according to this logic, it is the same?

Exactly what I meant. They say c--p as if they're not cussing.
    But they mean s--t. So they're still cussing.
    Last edited by sjean423; 02-22-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: because I accidentally deleted it