Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Are you still a "good" Christian if you only curse when angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Amanda, it doesn't allow you to delete your profile. Have you figured out how?
    At this point in time all you can do is chose to deactivate your account under the options menu. Which does hide your profile from view and suspends all activity on it. However you are right that deactivating your account doesn't delete your profile. If you log back into facebook with your old username and password even once, your profile automatically becomes active again and visible to others. Facebook promised to address this and look at allowing account deletions after a complaint by the Canadian Privacy Commissioner. But the reality is they are likely under no legal obligation to do so, so I wouldn't count on it.

I was just kidding around with Addie Sue in my last post. The drama of relationships on facebook didn't really factor into my decision to deactivitate my account. It was more privacy concerns with the facebook interface. And the fact I felt I was wasting too much time there. I missed it for about a week or so, I admit. But then got over it rather quickly and have no urge to go back.
    Last edited by orangejello; 02-22-2010 at 11:49 AM.

OK...maybe I'm off base. Maybe Saint Thomas Acquinas could teach me a thing or two on this one. But I'm only aware of one directive from the Sermen on the Mount which addresses cursing "Though shalt not take the name of the Lord God in vain."

What does this mean to me as a Christian? I don't speak or think about the Lord in a disdainful way. I don't blame the Lord with my problems. And I don't take the Lord in on my evil intentioned works...for instance, remember when all the Senate Republicans had a public prayer that some Senator "would get sick and couldn't make the vote." Think they were praying that Senator Byrd would get sick?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122002872.html

This to me is a mortal transgression. But as a Christian I ask that the Lord forgives them and gives them the chance to reconcile and vote with the Democrats.

As far as saying shit, Merde', f*ck, whatever? I personally don't think God cares... Your Sunday School teacher might, but that's how they make their money

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Ezekiel 16

49 "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
    50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
    51 Samaria did not commit half the sins you did. You have done more detestable things than they, and have made your sisters seem righteous by all these things you have done.
    52 Bear your disgrace, for you have furnished some justification for your sisters. Because your sins were more vile than theirs, they appear more righteous than you. So then, be ashamed and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous.

Luke 12

47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Those are merely two examples in Scripture acknowleding the severity of sins and the punishments given thereof.

Sorry, Mona, but for your mother to tell you that a small lie and murder will have the same consequences in the hereafter is completely illogical and an insult to God's wisdom, even mere mortals like us know there are degrees of wrongdoing. You'd be admitting that your wrongdoings should have you convicted and thrown into prison for life with violent offenders and even murderers for you say there are no degrees in wrongdoing.

Todd, my mother? Not my mother.

Also I don't disagree there are different punishment for different sins.
    I said there is no degree of sin. Then I explained what I meant. All sins seperate you from God, regardless if it's big or little.