Thread: Water pills and increased spinal pain?

Water pills and increased spinal pain?

I have been on HCTZ for a while on and off..and defiantly notice a big increase in spinal pain while on it. I just started taking Lisinopril also and thought i would try again being a good little pill taker and take them both. I noticed with in a day it was bad, neck and a headache for 3 days now. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't have any experience with them. Are they for high bp?

Looks like BP meds - HCTZ is a thiazide diuretic, and lisinopril is an ace inhibitor.

Both are used for high BP, I use to take them. I no longer can do to orthostatic hypotension. Controling bp became a big problem after the surgery in Oct. Mine jumps all over the charts now. I still need the diuretic, but not hctz. They're bad for the hypotension.

My doctor put me on generic bumex a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be helping, but still have problems with swelling.

Are headaches because of a change in bp?

I've been on HCTZ 25mg since Aug /09 for bad swelling in my feet. I've been trying to figue out why after 26yrs of sitting I have extreme pain in my legs which I never had before. Doc says it's neuro pain, I don't think it is it doesn't make sense.
    Do you have any other side effects? Muscle cramps in legs or stomach, weakness etc?
    You've got my wondering if it's the HCTZ! Staring tomorrow I'm cutting them in half then weaning off completely to see what affects occur.
    Does anyone know if you have to wean off or can you stop right away?

Thanks Suzie Q

puddels - There are people who have gone a long time without neuro pain and then out of the blue develop it. What does your extreme leg pain feel like? What will you substitute for the HCTZ you are taking for your leg swelling.
    I don't think you have to wean off HCTZ. You can just stop it and see if your leg pain resolves. I would let your doctor know what your doing, though. Let us know if it helps.
    good luck
    arndog

Smile

The HCTZ is for water gain and BP and the Lisinopril high BP. I have no taken any since i posted and have noticed the pain from it i suspected has not returned. When i take Cymbalta it takes the water weight off my legs as a big bonus which i love. So for me i know something is up with it, hctz that is and i believe it was worse when i took the Lisinopril along with it.