Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great stories- video

right on... makes me wonder if I have some priorities in life straight.

how so scott. care to expand on that thought a bit.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    how so scott. care to expand on that thought a bit.
    a little later, sure... i have a ridiculously full schedule right now & my mind is still processing some of this.

[QUOTE=Jeff B;1170240]That first woman could really move in that chair. The one strange question in the first half on the video is why does the guy she married hang out in a wheelchair? I don't mean when he is helping her train but why was he on a wheelchair basketball team and why was he in a chair later on when they were talking to some people?

Canadian wheelchair basketball rules allow for ab's to play in rec or league games. As for why was he in the chair later, maybe she was in her every day chair and he was just sitting in her baskeball chair? I don't think it's that big of deal, I've had friends sit in my chair when I'm out of it, family as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    *thumbs up* nice piece John.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Canadian wheelchair basketball rules allow for ab's to play in rec or league games. As for why was he in the chair later, maybe she was in her every day chair and he was just sitting in her baskeball chair? I don't think it's that big of deal, I've had friends sit in my chair when I'm out of it, family as well.
    I think they were at some sort of rehab place and were doing a presentation about basketball.

An interesting bit of the back story would be how did he get involved in wheelchair basketball?

Good video, thanks for posting it.

[QUOTE=canuck;1171003]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    That first woman could really move in that chair. The one strange question in the first half on the video is why does the guy she married hang out in a wheelchair? I don't mean when he is helping her train but why was he on a wheelchair basketball team and why was he in a chair later on when they were talking to some people?.
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I figured he was probably in the chair later when they were presenting something. I don't think it was offensive or a big deal or anything. It was just an observation primarily of how it was strange that he was on a wheelchair basketball team. It is not a sport that someone who is able bodied would typically be drawn to.

Well you never know he could have had other friends in chairs or have buggered up knees or ankles that prevent him from playing a/b basketball.