13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canada

10 76.92%
  • Norway

3 23.08%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wil win the hockey match today

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    Sweden has been my pick for the gold all along. I was hoping Canada might pick up the silver or bronze. But I am not feeling veryconfident that they will even get past Germany. Every team seems to have great goaltending, except Norway (sorry Leif, nothing personal). If it goes to a shootout, the Canadians might not be so lucky this time. If they do get past Germany, it's then Ovetchkin and the Russians in the quarter finals. Yikes
    We might help Canada again, but the last time we did we "only" got 5 tonnes of maple syrup in return and lost a medal

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    We might help Canada again, but the last time we did we "only" got 5 tonnes of maple syrup in return and lost a medal
    lol yes....enough maple syrup for every man, woman, and child in Norway. I wonder if Norwegians even like maple syrup though? I hope so because 5 tons is a lot But also maybe free beers when Norwegians meet Canadians in a pub. I would do that

Canadian media gave major play to Håkensmoen's good deed, with one, Québec's Le Journal de Montréal even publishing a huge "TAKK" (Norwegian for "thank you") on its front page. Another paper, The Gazette, suggested that every Canadian who meets a Norwegian in a bar, should buy him or her a beer,
    http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sp...cle1225796.ece

btw I think it was an amazing gesture of sportsmanship and illustrated the kind of thing the Olympics should be about. Yay to Norway

I fear the hockey team won't get past Germany tonight. Hopefully I am wrong. But watching this last night was very nice

I think the Canadian hockey team still has a good shot at the gold, myself. If they win tonight, they might go all the way.
    I fear the hockey team won't get past Germany tonight. Hopefully I am wrong. But watching this last night was very nice
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I think the Canadian hockey team still has a good shot at the gold, myself. If they win tonight, they might go all the way.
    You have more faith than I do rdf lol. I think I am too nervous to even watch the game, which starts very soon. I think if they can get past the Russians in the quarter finals, they will win the gold. But I think the Germans are going to play tough tonight. I just hope it doesn't go to the dreaded shootout. It's exciting to watch, but a horrible way to decide playoff games.

I am cheering for Canada to win it all, of course. But I am a bit ashamed to admit that I stand to win a nice pot of money in a hockey pool if Sweden takes the gold

You have more faith than I do rdf lol. I think I am too nervous to even watch the game, which starts very soon. I think if they can get past the Russians in the quarter finals, they will win the gold. But I think the Germans are going to play tough tonight. I just hope it doesn't go to the dreaded shootout. It's exciting to watch, but a horrible way to decide playoff games.

I am cheering for Canada to win it all, of course. But I am a bit ashamed to admit that I stand to win a nice pot of money in a hockey pool if Sweden takes the gold
    Good luck, and good call OJ You'll be a winner if either Canada or Sweden take the gold

I'm hoping the young American team wins it all, of course

Thanks!

Good luck, and good call OJ You'll be a winner if either Canada or Sweden take the gold

I'm hoping the young American team wins it all, of course
    Well they will play Switzerland in the quarter finals, and they already beat them once. So they should at least make the semi-finals. With a hot goalie, which they have right now, anything can happen. But I don't want them to beat Canada or Sweden. Maybe they can get the bronze

3-0 for Canada with 14 minutes left in the second period. Perhaps I should have had more faith in Team Canada

3-0 for Canada with 14 minutes left in the second period. Perhaps I should have had more faith in Team Canada
    Or looked at Germany's record to date

Thanks!

Or looked at Germany's record to date
    Ha ha true. But in the last Olympics Canada got punted out of medal contention after a loss to Switzerland. Sometimes the weaker teams seem to sneak up on Canada and play them very tough, on the rare occasion stealing the game. As Switzerland almost did again this time around.

It's over. 8-2. Bring on the Russians!

I am pessimistic.
    Last edited by orangejello; 02-23-2010 at 10:50 PM.