Thread: MRI findings need help understanding them please!

MRI findings need help understanding them please!

Hey hope someone out there can help me better understand all this stuff.
    Thanks in advance. Dr. says that anyone my age will have these results so I take it there is alot of people out there in pain.
    Tami

L3-4, disc bulge, mild facet arthropathy, and ilateral mild neural foraminal narowing.
    L4-5, disc desication and a central broadbased disc protrusion measuting 2.5 min. in the AP dimension with an annular tear. Moderate facet arthropathy and bilatera moderate neural foraminal narrowing due to underlying disc buge.
    L5-S1 Mild disc bulge and moderate facet arthropathy with bilateral mild neural foraminal narrowing.

Thanks for your help.

Hi TamiG - I think it will be a challenge for you to get useful, usable information from this forum which deals with Pain associated with spinal cord injury. Maybe if you filled out your public information with your history , there may be someone who could help you or at least share with you there experiences. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TamiG View Post
    Hey hope someone out there can help me better understand all this stuff.
    Thanks in advance. Dr. says that anyone my age will have these results so I take it there is alot of people out there in pain.
    Tami

L3-4, disc bulge, mild facet arthropathy, and ilateral mild neural foraminal narowing.
    L4-5, disc desication and a central broadbased disc protrusion measuting 2.5 min. in the AP dimension with an annular tear. Moderate facet arthropathy and bilatera moderate neural foraminal narrowing due to underlying disc buge.
    L5-S1 Mild disc bulge and moderate facet arthropathy with bilateral mild neural foraminal narrowing.

Thanks for your help.

Tami, you didn't mention your age. It is true disc degeneration is a normal process of aging. You clearly do have degeneration going on. Disc herniation / protrusions fall under that wide envelope of medical terms as DDD. that is not to say a disc herniation and tear are not the result of a possible injury that " was the straw that broke the camels back "

You do have as said moderate pathology at L4- L5 as the dictated report says it is causing moderate foraminal stenosis, this is where the NERVE ROOTS exit and is a known cause of pain, so your have clear pathology that is causing this, as report says due to disc bulge, interesting the report also says protrusion ( medical jargon ) .

Is this related to a work injury, just so you know if it is, there are workers comp Doctors who will call a white horse black, its wrong,but WC claiments have little to no rights, its a proven fact.

Sorry you are in pain and distress.

Hi TamiG, This won't help but I am presently dealing with almost identical problems. You have 3 bulging discs. 1 of which appears to be milder than the other 2. Also, 1 of these discs has an annular tear or rupture in other words. Basically all the other jargon says the bulging discs are pressing on various nerves in these locations and I am guessing this is causing some severe pain and muscle spasms. Sorry about your pain and I hope this helps.
    Lee
    Lee