Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laptop?

I'd look at an Apple. They come with some programs so they usually end up well priced.

There is an Apple store on Chestnut St. in S.F. Apple has great tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Think about other options you have for movie viewing. If you have a good monitor, you can plug that into your laptop and use it. That's what I do when I am at my desk. Also, if you have a relatively new TV, you may be able to connect with it and use it for movies, etc. If either of those apply, you may not need to give priority to the laptop screen.
    Niether apply: the TV here was new in the dark ages.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Lilli View Post
    I'd look at an Apple. They come with some programs so they usually end up well priced.

There is an Apple store on Chestnut St. in S.F. Apple has great tech support.
    On Thursday I went to Fry's and paid over $600 for the Toshiba I'd been looking at. Now I'm looking for an affordable internet connection. Thanks. The screen is georgeous!
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Think about other options you have for movie viewing. If you have a good monitor, you can plug that into your laptop and use it. That's what I do when I am at my desk. Also, if you have a relatively new TV, you may be able to connect with it and use it for movies, etc. If either of those apply, you may not need to give priority to the laptop screen.
    I was thinking of the same thing, but I guess it would help to make sure the video adapter in the laptop is a good one
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I went to BestBuy a couple days ago and picked up this Toshiba lappy.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+...&skuId=9705212

It's going back....not that crazy about it. I guess I'm more of a desktop user. This lappy has a nice 16" screen but the angle it sits at due to the protruding battery pack makes the bottom of the screen always look washed out no matter what surface it is on. It is pretty fast with 4GB of RAM and an Intel Core i3 processor with 2.13GHz speed but overall I think I can do better with my $800 on a desktop. Windows 7 with 64 bit OS seems ok and I can also run Windows XP on it if I wanted. But it's as heavy as cement, the speakers are tinny and the webcam is blurry.

Also I got a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000....it sucks. The cursor floats all around the screen and the scroll wheel is wobbly. Made a couple of adjustments and still doesn't perform to my liking.

Pretty disappointed in both of them.