Thread: clock trouble

clock trouble

my clock is losing time on my laptop anyone got any ideas why it does that im not very computer smart
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

The past two or three windows versions update the time automatically via the Internet. There is a setting in the control panel to turn this feature on or off - make sure it's turned on. Right click on the Taskbar clock and look for settings there, or go to control panel/date and time.

For Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

For Windows Vista:

Open Date and Time by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Date and Time.

Click the Internet Time tab, and then click Change settings. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server, select a time server, and then click OK.

the BIOS keeps the date and time. I assume that your BIOS battery doesn't do the job. This is weird because it has to be good for ~5years. Let windows update time, as KeyBored said.
    This signature left intentionally blank.

i think its ok now thanks my comp hasa drop down box under internet time but not sure what to set it at theres 3 options

time-a.nist.gov is one

time.windows.com is another one

time.nist.gov is the third option

i have no idea what any of that means

Use
    time.windows.com

cool thanks ill switch it band see what happens