Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowel program 3 times per week?

Bowel program 3 times per week?

I think I recall reading about doing bowel care 3x per week, but I couldn't find the thread(s.) Is such a schedule acceptable?

Thanks,
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

i do mine every other day.. before my accident i went every day so why would i let my poo sit in me? u can choose. do it every day, do it every other day, do it 3 times a week, w/e u feel comfortable with. just find one that works for you. make sure ur not having accidents and not getting AD
    c4 incomplete
    brown sequard syndrome

I've always done it 3x a week. No problems here.

We do Davids every third day, tried every other day but there wasn't much and he got a lot of butt snot.

3 times a week

There is a whole school of thought from the Virginia area I believe M,W,F no weekends. They love it...I would too only a little nervous to try it...........

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I think I recall reading about doing bowel care 3x per week, but I couldn't find the thread(s.) Is such a schedule acceptable?

Thanks,
    back in 1978, we were trainned on every third or fourth day.
    so many years i did every three days, and years at every fourth day, 3 seems like not long enough, and 4 was sometimes too long, i like my weekends free for riding and traveling, so about 10 years ago i went to tuesdays and friday am, been great
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

It is no problem if it works for you. For a long time the approach to setting up a bowel program was to base it on what bowel habits were before the injury, and that seemed like a reasonable approach. In discussing the issue with a couple gastroenterologists, they pointed out that the normal range between bowel movements is from twice a day for some people up to about every 5 days (hard to believe!). Most SCIs I know have always introduced a "convenience factor." I think most that I know are on a 3x a week schedule and a significant number twice a week. I have done mine every third day for most of my sci life and it has worked very well for me.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

i go about every 4 days. no bp. i was a 1x day or eod pre sci.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by new dimension View Post
    There is a whole school of thought from the Virginia area I believe M,W,F no weekends. They love it...I would too only a little nervous to try it...........
    i do this
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I would like to add that before old age and retirement, I was traveling/flying around the country quite a bit and found that I could do my bp a day late or early without problem. Some of us at least are a lot more flexible than we think. The only way to find out is to try. As the docs pointed out, there is a lot of variation between people with regard to bowel size, eating habits, metabolism, etc., and when it comes to a bp, it is really not a one-size fits all situation.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/