Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Percocet

Percocet

I use Generic Perc 10-325 for breakthrough pain Q4. I am worried about the tylenol intake as respect to the liver. Is there still a shortage of Oxy IR can not seem to find a Pahramcy that carries them. So for the last year been stuck wit Percs. Any other suggestion? I am on cumadin so NASID and Apsirin are out.
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

I don't think there is a shortage of oxy-ir currently, at least not around here.

Are you trying the big chains - like CVS or Walgreens? I know CVS can get them.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    i've been taking generic percoDAN for years.....the oxy is cut with aspirin instead of tylenol. Never heard of any shortages.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    i've been taking generic percoDAN for years.....the oxy is cut with aspirin instead of tylenol. Never heard of any shortages.

Goldnucs

Oxy IR is just Oxycodone it is for breakthru pain, (Not Oxycontins Long acting). Last year I had trouble getting it from pharmacies. This may have been regional. Can;t take asprin til I get off Cumadin. Thanks for help

There was some ruckus at one point re. oxy-ir. I think it's over now.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Vicoprofen 7.5 might be able to help your situation. Hydrocodone buffered with Ibuprofen instead of Acetaminophen I think

Warren, there still seem to be problems with getting the 5 mg oxycodones (which were the biggest part of the shortage) -- they may have even been discontinued -- but the 15 mg and 30 mg oxycodones are readily available again. I share your concern about the acetaminophen in the Percs you've been taking -- getting back to the oxycodone for BT pain is a wise move.

Hey Goldnucs and Pitterpaws -- Warren can't take the meds you recommended. His original post explained that because he takes blood thinners, he cannot take aspirin or NSAIDs (ibuprofren is one) because they also thin the blood.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

The 5mg haven't been discontinued - they're available in some places anyway. Sorry, I thought that problem was over with - guess not.

Huh I have no problem getting 5 mg oxycodone. Generic called oxyIR.