Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is being done by us to achieve a cure?

What is being done by us to achieve a cure?

So i was wondering the other day... how different a team works when motivated, coordinated, combined and when it is not. And how obvious is it to achieve any goal.

I want everyone to ask this to themselves. I know there's people here who is really moving a lot so i would love to get answers aswell. What is it that i am, or he/she is or you are doing to bring forward a cure?
    Can we orginze and combine ourselves somehow more to improve this?

I wonder how strong would we be if we were all united.

Good post; we must think cure for humans and move forward with our thoughts and actions. I'm not sure what we can do, but we must act together. I know that Sens Harkin and Specter are or could be advocates for legislation. I'm not sure how our corrupt congress would treat this issue. One thing we can do is post all pertinent information on advances, tests, or other, concerning spinal cord advances. We are the ones with the most at stake and we need to follow blubs from all this research that is goin on and pester for floow up and results with testing leading to human trials. So far, I see Young's tests as yielding real possible outcomes; but I don't know. We need to expose laggard and false claims and get them out of circulation. We need real breakthrus and advocate for that source. Sorry, but this the avenue we must take to begin the solution.

I'm working on a degree in neurobiology so I can go to medical and/or graduate school and do spinal cord injury research.

That is admirable captainwelch. Best of luck in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by captainwelch View Post
    I'm working on a degree in neurobiology so I can go to medical and/or graduate school and do spinal cord injury research.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by captainwelch View Post
    i wish i had went that route. we would be cured today. i hate myself for believing in others.

Any serious thoughs on this?

PS: captainwelch if i could stand biology i'd take that route too :P

The only way the disparity can be converged is for a Messiah/figurehead to come along and unite sufferers, advocates, scientists and governments through inspiration and example. Now where is Superman when you need him? :-(

Mr Young, how do you look in red and blue? Can anyone think of a flashy superhero name?

Road Ahead

Looks like the best and most feasable way is to find/start a small group of like minded near you. SCI, go visit some local researchers to join in, media person always nice.

Network out with other like minded groups and soon you'll be getting things done.

On your side of the pond you have stepnow

Look at the individuals who have hooked up already to make some progress

Corinne, Barbra, Leif, Paolo just off the top of my head.......many more out there

waiting for another superman is kinda like waiting for that billionaire

my 2 cents
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Leo I agree with you 100%.

The fact that shocks me is that such good work and advocacy is being peformed yet the rallying is done by such a small number. Where is the snowball effect? Take a look at the petition on the StepNow site - only 7000 or so signatures. That is a paltry number. Why so few?

I don't know about waiting for a billionaire....personally, I'm waiting to win the lottery....

I guess until then I will just continue to make a lot of money, network with all the current fundraising and advocacy groups, and raise the money that's needed to finally make a cure available. It will of course take time, but we will get there!

You want the snow ball effect? Well, be prepared and help me build that snow ball! I have some big plans, but I will need help. The time is coming to either sink or swim!