Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the USA have offered to the World?

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Yes! Sad how few people know anything about him. Ironically, the use of the electric chair as a method of execution came about as an attempt on the part of Edison to discredit Tesla by making his alternating current system (now the world standard) appear more dangerous than Edison's D.C. systems.
    Yeah! Edison electrocuted elephants (and other helpless animals) to try to show how dangerous AC was, while entire city blocks were being burnt to the ground by accidental fires caused by the truly more dangerous DC that Edison supported. And in school we're all taught about how great Edison was but hear nothing about Tesla. Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    The list is long, the Telephone, which is the precursor to the communication superhighway we have today. The light bulb. Industrialization. In music they are enormous, to begin with the electric guitar, multi track recording, the concept of effects for studio recordings, basketball, probably baseball.

Aaahh, Rachel Welch!!
    You must know that the American music does not appeal to everyone, not everyone likes the blues, hard rock and "RAP! WHAT IS THAT"
    I think we should just leave the real music in this world to Europe.
    As we should leave sports also to Europe; except maybe for basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkPals View Post
    Pepsi-Cola, hot dogs, baseball, George Gershwin, Ernest Hemmingway, Bruce Springstein, the ice cream cone, buffalo wings, Meryle Streep, refuge, and a hope for a better life.
    Echo that! except for baseball (that one you should've kept domestic!).

Quote Originally Posted by drnader View Post
    You must know that the American music does not appeal to everyone, not everyone likes the blues, hard rock and "RAP! WHAT IS THAT"

So, what IS European music??? Do you mean Classical Mozart, or are you referring to Aha and Abba?

In any case, you asked what has the USA offered the world....we could care less if the world liked it.

His Dudeness :-)
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Did anyone say MickeyDees lol I just had a few small hamburgers Wendys

Lets see Les Paul hmmmmm Great Insruments
    Les paul invented multitrack dubbing by stacking sandwiching heads on a Tape recorder / This technique is heard on Lespaul / MaryFord Recordings Vocals n Guitar

BTW I think Good Music Appeals to everyone World wide especially Blues / Pop / Hip hop / Disco / Funk / Wait of course I am forgetting that Many American Rock stars or singers / musicians inspire much of the world . Hendrix

Sports wise European athletes are human just like Americans so Who Cares ?
    If youre imposing Olympics that Europe is #1 Wrong
    A athlete is a athlete and when it comes to competition Blood Sweat and Tears will determine the true weiners ! Not Veinna Schnitzels we'll ok I like food no biggie

Runners The Fastest man was American

What goes up Must come Down
    Spinning Wheel
    Add your own parts ...........

Lets not tear eachother up

The Doors

Look closely in my Eyes look at the picture and Tell me if you can feel the power !!!
    Last edited by GL; 04-22-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    The lives of our sons and daughters in the Great War and WWII - so that freely elected governments would not perish from the earth.

And nuclear weapons
    I had no idea you were old enough to have sons and daughters in those wars........ lol
    Death and taxes

And what country are you from anyway?
    Death and taxes

Obviously you misread my post.

1) I do not mention music styles, genres or origins in my post. I am talking about the technology behing music. Regardless of what you like, the contributions of greats like Les Paul have influenced musicians and listeners of every genre for the last 60 years. But....

2) Now that you mention what you call "american music", blues and jazz have permeated worldwide contemporary culture for the last 100 years as well, and have influenced most of the music played and recorded in that period, in particular the great european musicians of the second half of the 20th century.

3) I must say that hard rock, great as it is, should probably be credited to the brittish.

4) Sports?? Pppplease.

5) Don´t get your point. Just sayin´.

T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003